• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M freezes after selecting "Fight."

Theman4567

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-4031-7435
I start up Project M and I select the multiplayer mode "Fight." After that the game crashes. What can I do to fix this problem?

wildbane

Smash Rookie
I'm getting the same problem with 3.6 beta. First time installing project M. I can navigate the menus fine but the game comes to a screeching halt when I press 'FIGHT'.

edit: solved.

I simply didn't let the file transfer finish to my SD card and some things got corrupted. (obviously)
reinstalled on top, and now the game works fine. :)

Last edited:

Theman4567

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-4031-7435
Tried re adding the files again and it still freezes when I select something that would normally bring me to the character select screen.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
How are you loading the game? Hackless, homebrew, ISO, Dolphin, etc? Is your hooktype set to AXNextFrame?

Theman4567

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-4031-7435
Homebrew. I fixed it. Turns out I had another folder in my SD card named "private" which had other project m files so I guess the game got confused with two folders having smash files.

Top Bottom