• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Beginner's Video Tutorial Playlist

Was this playlist helpfull in getting you started or teach you something you didn't know before?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheRocan64

Smash Cadet
I've always had trouble going over the basics to my friends who never played SSB but wanted to play Project M with me because it looked cool. So, for them and others who want to learn what it takes to really SMASH, I compiled a playlist for that purpose:

Basics

"What makes SSB different?" :

How to play :

Basics I and II :
Air dodging tricks here don't work on Project M. See "Advanced" for Project M's air dodging tips and tricks

Beginner and Advanced Shield Options
Keep in mind that the up-smash out of shield IS harder to do OoS then up-special so you might need to practice more on the former then the later.

Shield Grabbing :

The Nerutral :

Zoning :

Reads :

Edgeguarding :

Advanced Tricks

Dash-Dancing :

SHFFL :

Wavedashing :

Homework

Be sure to search YouTube for tournament gameplay and pay attention to what they look for, how they react, and some of the combos they preform for your prefered characters.

If you have any other videos for smash beginners, please post below!

Last edited:
Top Bottom