• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 net play build My Music problem

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
By the way this isn't a problem with custom music, I have put Custom music in the game though and It plays and sounds perfectly fine. I have also changed the titles of the music using brawl box. I did not mess with anything besides this.

My problem is that when I go to change what music comes on then the others

The bars won't move even though I am pressing left or right on my keyboard and or controller and I know the game is trying to change it though because it still makes the same sounds when I press left or right, I can still go up and down between songs and I also can still play the music though. This only happens on stages though like bower's castle and delfino secret and others. But it does work on peach's Castle 64 and others. By the way I am using only the net play build provided by smash ladder. Can some one help me.

Last edited:

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
How come and why and if so.,Why leave some songs so they can never be played in a match. Shouldn't they leave every song equal.

Last edited:

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
Because the way netplay works, it has to make the game exactly identical on both ends; if one person had different settings, the game would desync and netplay would be impossible.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
I can accept that. I just have to take out some of the music. But does that apply to custom music too or no.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but it doesn't matter if the music is custom or not--you can't change the settings.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
No I meant even though we have the same settings. Does having custom music effect the onlne connection and could it cause desync.

Kurausukun

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't know, but I believe it does--unless the other person has the exact same files as you.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
By the way, is there any way to get a project M 3.6 full build or builder for dolphin (Non Netplay) Preferable a builder, so I can add custom music and other stuff.

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
It's not coded that way because of desyncs. SOJ wanted it that way so that the custom songs added played by default most of the time. Custom music will desync on Netplay though, I do suggest you try the virtual SD card. Can vouch for that.

Gunman1357

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gunman1357
Can't play custom music on atther ladder because it changes id of the game. So ill use the usual build and Thank kurausukun. ill check that out.

Top Bottom