• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 How well is it?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
If you have not seen the trailer, go to the home page. Well, after the trailer... PM has made some major and epic upgrades. The question being... How good do you thing it is? To me, The Pm team has really made a huge upgrade and may change PM for good. This is the best upgrade compared to pm 3.5 anyway. What do you think is the best new upgrades?

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I say that the cut of stages is bad... but at least we have alternates since it is like all the stages in 1 page. even better, new costumes, music, stock icons, announcer voice, and a few stages. I would like to restore some of the old stages too possibly if I like the old version better.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
What cut stages? The alternate stage loader means they don't have to cut anything, in fact they're bringing a bunch of old stages back. The only "cut" is Dracula's Castle, but Delfino's Secret is functionally the same stage (though the blastzones have been shrunk).

Anyway, I'm most excited for a tournament legal Delfino's. It's what I've wanted for so long now.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Brawl has 42 stages, including Wifi Waiting Room/Training Stage. 3.6's Alternate Stage Loader just uses one alternate per stage, so if they were to have alts for all of them that would make for up to 84 stages. Note though that they've said not every stage will have an alt yet.

However if you edit your own codeset it should be possible to have more than one alt with different buttons, just like the old ASL code a lot of people included in custom builds. And if Phantom Wings' STGCUSTOM slots are compatible without any conflicts, that could potentially add even more. I'm not sure how many different filenames/button combos the ASL can support, how many STGCUSTOMs you can have, or if it's possible to combine ASL with STGCUSTOM to add even more. Probably more than you'll ever need!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see Skyloft anywhere, which made me sad. (But I could be less sad if it's an ASL for Temple)
It's an ASL for Temple. There are no cut stages besides Drac's becoming Delfino's Secret

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
If we want peach's castle back, we can always add it over the default alternate stage. same goes for dracula's castle.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
Or the Luigi's Mansion alt could be on the the roof just with a matching layout. Just sayin..

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
Or the Luigi's Mansion alt could be on the the roof just with a matching layout. Just sayin..
Yea. That would be nice.
Now as for costumes... looks like there is not much more than there already is in 3.5... since we all know that we can edit pm outfits... it would be nice if it was easier for the team to do more, but I am ok with it if they already are saving a few designs for 4.0 (if they even make 4.0 an actual new project m). just throwing that out there.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Oh oops forgot about that. Technically Peach's Castle isn't gone, it's just converted into the 64 version

waygu

Smash Lord
you can put it back in...
i currently run completely hackless and no file edits due to playing online 95% of the time and stage changes are a can of worms to avoid desychs, but i did think of that.

like i previously posted im fine with one of my previous stages to go to the wayside for the big effort that is the new bowser stage. its absolutely gorgeous and looks really like 'hd' as well as being a good stage/blastzone size ratio that is preferable to Marf and the hazards look fun. its cool to have pm devs make an original stage like that so i am promptly shutting up to not outweigh the positives ;D

Top Bottom