• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.6 Beta Bug: Brawl menus/music pop up during PM gameplay

Larsidite

Smash Rookie
Title of the bug: Brawl menus/music interfere with Project M gameplay in various places, turning the Project M bootup back to Brawl

Version found in: Version 3.6 Homebrew (No MediaFire)
Hardware you are running: Wii

Loading Method: Insert SD with Project M into Wii > Homebrew > loaded into Homebrew channel > straight to first Project M menus

Details: So when i loaded the Project M menus everything worked fine. I went to Versus, pressed on regular Fight mode, then that's when things went bad. first thing that happened was, the Brawl music started playing ON TOP OF the Project M music then i chose a character and CPU, pressed start. Then it ended up loading the BRAWL stages. The Project M stages were completely gone and replaced Project M. I then proceeded to go back to the character select menu, and the whole Project M character menu was changed to BRAWL SET UP. I decided to go back even further to the Fighting Modes menu and of course, the Brawl menus replaced Project M. eventually the Brawl data took over project M in minutes. I have reformatted my SD card, deleted brawl data, redownloaded the Project M download multiple times, but it keeps happening. I am not sure if my Wii is broken from countless Project M downloads but it has never happened until i downloaded the 3.6 data. Please help. ///

Attachments: I have a video for proof but my Wifi situation is very unsteady so in the future, if someone replies and wants me to post it i will.
Thank you, and i hope that was enough information.

Last edited:

Larsidite

Smash Rookie
  • If your Music is bugging out (Changing tracks, making undesirable noises) Defrag your SD card.
The thing about it is, its not just the music. It starts with the music bugging out then everything else changes back to Brawl. Like the Project M data just gets replaced before my eyes with Brawl.

Narpas_sword

sounds like theres an issue reading your SD card.
are you able to try others?
Format? fat32?

sd card not locked etc?

moving this to help and support anyway.

Larsidite

Smash Rookie
sounds like theres an issue reading your SD card.
are you able to try others?
Format? fat32?

sd card not locked etc?

moving this to help and support anyway.
I have formatted it to fat32 already yes. and no SD isnt locked. and also i just figured out recently, tried to do this for version 3.5 and it did the same thing. so it definitely isn't the download and could be the SD or Wii for sure. ill check around for another SD but the problem still is out there.

Top Bottom