• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 random freezing issue

Tessai

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'm using a softmodded PAL Wii with Homebrew > USB loader GX and an NTSC ISO of brawl to play, and PM 3.02 worked flawlessly. However with 3.5 There are some issues;

- The opening movie and any other movie for that matter "stutters" quite a lot and always on the exact same spots. This is of course harmless as far as playing the game is concerned but it does indicate that something is not right somehow as 3.02 movies worked without issue

- While the game runs fine in general, it is just very prone to freezing either at the start or end of the match or when pausing the game mid match. Specifically on these 3 moments the freeze always happens when it does. Either for better or worse the freezing is completely random. Sometimes I can play an entire evening without issue and other times I have to reset the Wii multiple matches in a row.

So far I have not been able to pinpoint anything that might be causing it. Pretty much all characters and stages get used (playing with friends) and nothing creates freezes consistently making it extremely hard to do anything about it. I've done everything possible hardware and file wise, reformatting the SD, USB and replacing any files I could but nothing of the sort hes helped. Have also been tinkering with the USB loader GX settings trying all kinds of different things but to no avail.

I've pretty much accepted the situation of just resetting the Wii whenever the freeze inevitably happens, and waiting to try out the PAL release whenever it shows up, but I figured I might as well post it here and see what pops up if anything.

Top Bottom