• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M 3.5 Netplay on homebrew Wii console? (not emulated on PC)

just--sk8

Smash Rookie
Hello all!

I'm quite new to all this, although I recently managed to successfully get Project 3.5 running properly by home brewing my Wii console.

Everything works 100% for offline play, but I would love to be able to practice against actual people when my mates aren't around to play friendlies locally.

Any idea how to play online using the actual console and not emulated.

My current setup
- I own a copy of Super Smash bros brawl, (PAL unfortunately, although I feel that gives me the right to obtain working versions)
- Have successfully home brewed my Wii, I have project M launcher installed and a NTSC brawl.ISO image on a USB which loads successfully with USB loader.gx on my SD card.
- Project M 3.5 on my SD card running how its meant to.

(Note: I am using more then a 2GB SD card, (8GB currently), as home-brewing unrestricted that for me I believe.)

I've seen a lot of posts on "HACKLESS/NO HOMEBREW Dolphin NETPLAY" but nothing about netplay on the actual console.

How does one play online with my current setup, or is it even possible?

Thanks in advance,

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
You can play online by using the WiFi-safe version, and going to the WiFi Connection mode in PM. This is just the ordinary WiFi play (like how Brawl online worked when the servers were still online), and is separate from Dolphin's netplay, which is impossible on an actual console - so there will be lag. You'll also need the friend codes of people you want to play against, as "with anyone" doesn't work in PM.

just--sk8

Smash Rookie
Oh i see,
I think I'm just going to try the emulated version, I've got all the necessary files from some guys off the smash-boards, so i might try that.

Having an actual setup will be good for bringing to tournaments/friendlies i guess ^_^

Thanks for the reply.

Top Bottom