• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Lee V1: CON 2 Lee "Animation Rig" released!

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
So yeah, considering KCMM is ****ed over for the moment, I'm going to move to these forums as well >_> I'm NaruZeldaMaster over there when the site gets back up. But I'll be willing to take any helpers at this point. Here's a list of what I need.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?m25gt9r60yjxwit
Note: This is by far my best rig as far as imports go, however I am still not entirely satisfied with the hands and torso, so another update will probably come soon.

1: A few beta testers.
2: A much better model of Rock Lee to rig over link.
3: Someone to help with the PSA :) Namely specials.
4: Someone to help with the animations! (Kogemaru is helping with attacks, I mean small animations like dodging and swimming and whatnot)

I'll post his full moveset shortly, as for now, here's what the old rock lee import of mine looks like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RQ...xt=C3dfce0fUDOEgsToPDskICWcfEjlKa8Rhf6zHs10dP

The neck is as good as it's going to get I think, I'm still working on the right hand :/
Other than that he's pretty much done

Ikuto64

Smash Rookie
I believe someone started this. idk if it was you or not. looks cool im also willing to beta tester

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Excelent Mariodk :D glad to know you're still interested in helping =3
And yes, I was the one that started it XP

Guess what, with the help of dolphin, fpk extractor, and the new brawlbox I now have access to EVERY graphic effect, that lee has in con 2 =3
I will try to extract his stuff from clash of ninja 3, and use his model from clash of ninja 2 :)

If my plans work, he will be over snake rather than link, because there are a LOT of kickass graphic models we can use for the psa now =3 and Snake has a lot of models we could use to our advantage :)

I have found the following:

1: All forms of the foot stomp graphic from his down + weak attack
2: A lot of wind models that come with animations, we may need to retexture these.
3: PRIMARY LOTUS GRAPHIC! (The yellow shockwave that surrounds you when you're crashing down to the ground) I'm not kidding!! =3

mariodk

Smash Ace
please not over Snake since i got plans for make kakashi over snake (secret project ppl at KC-MM not needing to know but here or LST forum this ok since there is not many)
link or CF is fine still
remember we can port effects from one char. to a other
not only models but also effects like the fire at Captain falcon´s Falcon punch
to a other (used for goku over pit´s kaioken)

dpgthirteen

Smash Apprentice
please not over Snake since i got plans for make kakashi over snake (secret project ppl at KC-MM not needing to know but here or LST forum this ok since there is not many)
link or CF is fine still
If you do Kakashi, I would gladly re-do my Cole texture on him.
Also Rock lee sounds like a interesting idea, like to see what you can do.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
link or CF is fine still
Thanks to FPK extractor I have EVERYTHING in lees files(From Clash of Ninja 3) except his animations for the actual attacks. but I have all of his props and whatnot :) here is a list of what I have.

1: The leaf rising wind model will need texturing but I got it.
2: Primary Lotus effect ( the yellow thing when you're crashing down to the ground) this also needs texturing.
3: Leaf Whirlwind model, will need texturing but I got it as well
4: The foot stomp graphic from his down + weak attack (both of them)

We can use him over link still, and since so many requested it I'm gonna go ahead and do his younger version from Clash of Ninja 2. It looks like he will be a much easier model to rig anyway and hopefully better polygons for the bending areas :/

I'll write up a final version of his moves and post them here for all to view :)

Lee should be a pretty easy psa with MarioDK helping out, namely with specials and final smash XD I do plan to impliment his Gate system and use Links sword glow for the red glow that follows lee's hand in clash of ninja games.

Ikuto64

Smash Rookie
link or CF is fine still
Wait you said you were doind kakshi over snake at kc-mm. any way yeah not as many ppl are here as kc-mm.

I support this project so who is lee over, and y not Falcon?

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Falcon can't be ported to anyone, and I plan to use link's sword glow model in the psa for one of the graphic effects. I want to make this as much like the Clash of Ninja Lee as possible. His import is over link too

If nobody wants to get rid of zero they can port the psa over to toon link instead :) not many other characters have double slots like that, or at all.

I'm hoping we can use the models from the games since I have them now, but I'll have to figure out a way to texture them to look like wind from the game. Unless someone wants to help me get every part of those graphics working in brawl over the import.

If someone wants to import/rig him for me, I'm also plotting up a Kisame PSA too.

mariodk

Smash Ace
@MetroidMaster1
i will try to make lee brawl styled(first Brawl styled texture i will do) not sure if it will be good or i will fail so dont get too much hyped
i dont got the model before KC-MM got down so you needing to send it
and im also needing scott vertex model(to use for base with his eyes cuz they are almost same)

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
@MetroidMaster1
i will try to make lee brawl styled(first Brawl styled texture i will do) not sure if it will be good or i will fail so dont get too much hyped
i dont got the model before KC-MM got down so you needing to send it
and im also needing scott vertex model(to use for base with his eyes cuz they are almost same)
Yeah, I'll pm it to you since I'm not needing anyone getting the new rig before the beta release :p

I'll start the new rig today. (Young Lee from CON 2 on link)

Do you know how many of Link's visibility bones we can actually use in the psa? And how to use those? Cause we could use that to make the psa 10 X more awesome.

I want to use the props that he has in the psa, pluss his third gate hair for when he opens the third gate.

mariodk

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'll pm it to you since I'm not needing anyone getting the new rig before the beta release :p

I'll start the new rig today. (Young Lee from CON 2 on link)

Do you know how many of Link's visibility bones we can actually use in the psa? And how to use those? Cause we could use that to make the psa 10 X more awesome.

I want to use the props that he has in the psa, pluss his third gate hair for when he opens the third gate.
i know how to use these model changers/visibility bones
but not sure how many Link got
i think he got 1-2 that can be used in PSA any time you wanted

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Only two? Hmm, what about the one that makes the sword look like it's in it's sheath and the one that makes the shield look like he has it put away. (His second shield and sword) Could we use both bones for the second/first shield and sword?

If not that, we could figure out which of Link's external graphics we could give models/textures and call them up whenever. They made custom graphics like that for the Naruto and Lloyd psa's right? Surely we can do the same for Lee :)

mariodk

Smash Ace
Only two? Hmm, what about the one that makes the sword look like it's in it's sheath and the one that makes the shield look like he has it put away. (His second shield and sword) Could we use both bones for the second/first shield and sword?

If not that, we could figure out which of Link's external graphics we could give models/textures and call them up whenever. They made custom graphics like that for the Naruto and Lloyd psa's right? Surely we can do the same for Lee :)
i dont know so much about link´s file only that he got many GFX+high filesize limit

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, if we can, we should use his ext graphics for the wind models, since there's three of them in all.
We also need one for the foot stomp graphic.

mariodk

Smash Ace
i let you handle the GFXs+"A" attacks and throw in PSAing (they are anyway easy to do)
since i am busy with my own projects+Vegeta+needing to port metal sonic to fox(cuz of vegeta is over wolf) and Silver V2 back to falco from diddy(cuz of waluigi is over diddy and the reason for ported him was he was over Goku over pit) then they are done
so i will mainly help you with specials+FS

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the A attacks I can handle, and the animations might be easy too since I can play dolphin now and I have a Clash of ninja 2 ISO :) and a Clash of Ninja 3 ISO =3 I am going to be watching the wireframe animations very closely for reference :D

Although I can handle the graphics, I'll need some help getting them into brawl and getting them textured to look like wind and whatnot. (Not really sure how to do that) Do you think you could help me make the Two wind models a part of Lee's model (Not part of lee's actual model, but rigged to the bones in it) for easier psa-ing? Using those visibility bones I mean. :) That way we can have animated graphics for even more awesome sauce! >=3

The two wind models are for leaf Rising wind and leaf Whirlwind, since I can use the whirlwind model for leaf hurricane as well. I'm kinda hoping for the foot stomp graphic too, but that's something extra we can do after we get everything else set up.

Looking at Lee's edged faces in max from his CON 2 model leads me to believe the rigging will move quite smoothly. So hopefully things will turn out epic =3

mariodk

Smash Ace
Yeah, the A attacks I can handle, and the animations might be easy too since I can play dolphin now and I have a Clash of ninja 2 ISO :) and a Clash of Ninja 3 ISO =3 I am going to be watching the wireframe animations very closely for reference :D

Although I can handle the graphics, I'll need some help getting them into brawl and getting them textured to look like wind and whatnot. (Not really sure how to do that) Do you think you could help me make the Two wind models a part of Lee's model (Not part of lee's actual model, but rigged to the bones in it) for easier psa-ing? Using those visibility bones I mean. :) That way we can have animated graphics for even more awesome sauce! >=3

The two wind models are for leaf Rising wind and leaf Whirlwind, since I can use the whirlwind model for leaf hurricane as well. I'm kinda hoping for the foot stomp graphic too, but that's something extra we can do after we get everything else set up.

Looking at Lee's edged faces in max from his CON 2 model leads me to believe the rigging will move quite smoothly. So hopefully things will turn out epic =3
i see what i can do but right now i needing to force on my unfinished projects but i can say i can help more then KC-MM is back and after my big release day

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so you get finished on your projects then >=3 and I'll work on making some awesome sauce animations for Lee and doing A attacks and maybe smash attacks too =3

It'll be a good while before KCMM is back I think though, but that won't stop me from working on this >=3

For what I mean with the wind models I mean like you did Geno's canon model on Lucas's bat bone.

mariodk

Smash Ace
Okay, so you get finished on your projects then >=3 and I'll work on making some awesome sauce animations for Lee and doing A attacks and maybe smash attacks too =3

It'll be a good while before KCMM is back I think though, but that won't stop me from working on this >=3

For what I mean with the wind models I mean like you did Geno's canon model on Lucas's bat bone.
you mean what i did with Geno and one of Peach´s dress bones (geno is rigged over a alot rigged peach boneset so it can get ported to rob)
as i said i see what i can do with lee and his "B" attacks+FS PSaing
i will also needing to info on how many aniamtions a XXX "B" attacks is needed
like a charge "B" attack is needing 2-3 animations
Start/load(sometimes if wanted)/attack and combo attacks is needing one Animation for each attack on that combo like as Naruto´s Side-B(ground)

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I think he'll need three animations for his side and up B. But the animations will only travel further depending on what gate is open.

I think I will use Link's two visibility bones for the two wind models that Lee Has
Could you tell me the name for those bones? I think the one for the second shield is tate something and the sword is something else.

mariodk

Smash Ace
visibility bones is can be used for gates or others modes that change model/texture like as my SMBZ mario fire transfrom or Vegeta´s SSJ mode
you can use a other useless bone resize it to 0 then not used and 1 then used like i did with geno´s canon /arm guns

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
visibility bones is can be used for gates or others modes that change model/texture like as my SMBZ mario fire transfrom or Vegeta´s SSJ mode
you can use a other useless bone resize it to 0 then not used and 1 then used like i did with geno´s canon /arm guns
Okay, I'm going to need your help with that then ^///^' since I don't know how to set that stuff up in max or in psa :)

Working on rigging the new Lee model now, he should be done today or later tomorrow.
It'll be the Clash of Ninja 2 model =3 and the rig will be a LOT better, at least I'm hoping so.

mariodk

Smash Ace
make polygons to show with visibility bones is all in brawlbox
and awesome the CON2 model that means Young Lee :D
i think Young lee should be his main colour and teenage lee should be alt. texture slot
so Young lee got all the recolours green/Red/Blue/one more and teenage lee from shippuden should be the last colour
also Young lee needs a oneslot resize to be alittle smaller but we can do that as last thing
the oneslot resize needs to be as small as that Young naruto vertex+resize

i will try to make him brawlstyled then KC-mm is back since i got better at texturing now

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I need to figure out how to apply a new texture then to the cloned feet/hand/face/eyes polygons that will appear when he does third gate mode. It'll be hard because the texture for the third gate face/eyes/feet/hands is the same name as the texture for the normal one.

Anyway the rigging is almost done, just need to get the right hand and the head polygons rigged.

Kenshen: Um.... Lee's moves from Clash of Ninja games will be his final smash :/ Drunken fist was only used once in the anime and the manga. The moveset will be entirely from the Clash of Ninja games. The only move that I can't think of anything is his down smash, but other than that I have him pretty much planned out.

mariodk

Smash Ace
@MetroidMaster1
i leaving Smashboards cuz of my best model rig i used months on to get to work and get good got ignored to some fixed metal texture -.-
and possible also LST forum cuz my hacks gets ignored there aswell so cya then KC_MM is back

its like a 100% perfect moveset+with 100% new animations there is in a Fitmotionetc.pac with a perfect model rig and the moveset made something impossible to possible
gets ignored to a bad made CSP
and thats happen each time i preview a hack here

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
If you quit because your work is ignored why do you do the work in the first place? >_>
It's not about getting attention, it's about working hard and finishing a project that you worked that hard on.

I'm sorry but I doubt KCMM will be back any time soon unless some mirricle happens.

Kagemaru

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kagemaru01
Dude

FINALLY

I've been trying to figure out how to get in touch with you for days...

I've got all the animations done except for the Grabs, Final Smashes, and Down Smash.

onikage_shado@yahoo.com

Hit up my email so we can finish this... the site being down made it mad hard to contact you.

MetroidMaster1

Smash Apprentice
Dude

FINALLY

I've been trying to figure out how to get in touch with you for days...

I've got all the animations done except for the Grabs, Final Smashes, and Down Smash.

onikage_shado@yahoo.com

Hit up my email so we can finish this... the site being down made it mad hard to contact you.
Nice :)
I've been trying to contact you forever too XP
Yeah, let's get started on this shiz =3

I'll need a download of the original rock lee files(The Link Costume) because I replaced the ones that I had with CON 2 Lee hack that I made :/

This lee has a weird texture glitch when doing hurt faces and such I'll show you what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5We1Typa1I&context=C38a8e7aADOEgsToPDskLsDoQkgargJtWb-e1uTO2D

I think it has something to do with certain graphics and the face change events, cause thats about the only time it happens :)

Top Bottom