• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Progressive Rock Discussion

waluigithewalrus

Smash Cadet
Hey hey, come here for a discussion of all things progressive rock!

I'll start with a couple of my favorites:

Genesis - Supper's Ready

The essential Genesis song in my opinion. It never ceases to blow me away, especially the "Apocalypse in 9/8" section. I always find is so crazy that Phil Collins is the amazing drummer on this song.

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing

The king of evoking emotions with one of his finest works. He crafts and amazing story in the course of just 7 minutes and is able to bring about the feeling of sadness, longing, and perhaps desperation through his masterful songwriting.

Anyways, that's what I've got for now, what do you guys got?

deadPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
I'm personally not so much into prog rock, but more into prog metal. I LOVE Rush though, so I guess that could be my contribution to the rock side of things.

I'm at work currently, so I can't link any songs, but my all time favorite band at the moment definitely has to be Periphery. Their new album, Juggernaut, is a two disc concept album that I love more and more every time I listen to it. It's very well crafted, has a very deep story, and is all in all really badass.

I've always been a fan of prog though so I'm really into a lot of other bands as well such as but not limited to: Dream Theater, TesseracT, Scale the Summit, Animals as Leaders, Pain of Salvation, etc. The list goes on for basically forever, I try to listen to anything and everything. :)

Top Bottom