• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Progress until we get a different intro movie?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Project M has its own awesome theme now, but it's relegated to being a menu theme.

And Riivolution (on its own) can replace the intro movie, but the File Patch Code on its own can't.

Is it being worked on? I can't wait if it's possible.

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Of all the things to be hoping for...it's a different intro.

Not a new character or tweaks/buffs to your main, a new intro.

Did this really need a thread? 9.9

(I have no idea but don't care enough for it anyway)

Quillion

Smash Hero
PMDT could at least commission someone to animate an intro and put it up on their YouTube channel.

Then, when they figure out how to replace intro movies with the File Patch Code, they actually include it in an update.

Narpas_sword

It's obviously different for you, but as soon as i turn PM on i mash A till i get to the character screen.
Then i pick my character and wait impatiently while my opponent 'umms' and 'ahhhs' about who they're going to use.

Then i mash start as soon as they pick, and if they complain that they didn't get their tag/color i tell them they were too slow and to do it next round.

Celestis

Smash Ace
The first problem with this is you said Riivolution. Seeing as how they do not use Riivolution as their primary loading software.. Well.. Yeah..

Second.
It's obviously different for you, but as soon as i turn PM on i mash A till i get to the character screen.
Then i pick my character and wait impatiently while my opponent 'umms' and 'ahhhs' about who they're going to use.

Then i mash start as soon as they pick, and if they complain that they didn't get their tag/color i tell them they were too slow and to do it next round.
This

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
The first problem with this is you said Riivolution. Seeing as how they do not use Riivolution as their primary loading software.. Well.. Yeah..

Second.

This
Yeah, I know. Riivolution can only replace textures and movesets and a lot of other things but can't change the core mechanics like the File Patch Code can.

At least at the moment. Hopefully the File Patch Code will get to the point of being able to patch the opening movie.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Doesn't the new Project M loader do it differently? I thought it worked similar to Riivolution and that only Gecko needed file replacement baked into the GCT.

Foo

Smash Lord
I feel like if there is a new movie made for PM, it will not be made by current a PM dev. I feel like it's too far down on the priority list to bother with atm.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think it would be a good idea for the sake of separating PM as its own identity, anyway.

As long as two things are met:
  • The code to replace videos is rediscovered The original discoverer of that code left the Brawl hacking scene ages ago).
  • It is commissioned to an external source with a specialty in this kind of thing, such as a 2D animator or a seamless SFM master; the former for being relatively more common, or the latter to make it look like a genuine cutscene. The devs are too busy with the game itself to take up video-making themselves.

Last edited:

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
It could work as external comission, yeah. While it wouldn't matter in the long run I guarantee people would love it anyway. This video is proof of concept.

Or better yet, just a re-edited clip montage from SSE along with a different theme.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
I always imagined a sort of Street Fighter Third Strike Intro for Project M: short, catchy and based on drafts (preferably drawings of alternative costumes). You don't necessarily have to go for a 3D computer generated images, but I see why you would prefer that (essentially for the consistency of Smash).

Certainly not a priority here, but can't be a bad thing at the end.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
It could work as external comission, yeah. While it wouldn't matter in the long run I guarantee people would love it anyway. This video is proof of concept.

Or better yet, just a re-edited clip montage from SSE along with a different theme.
Though I lost interest in AoT, the hand-drawn animation in that is spectacular and could very well fit in a licensed game.

Probably not this one, though, as the Sm4sh newcomers and the licensed song... Shame, really.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support
Doesn't the new Project M loader do it differently? I thought it worked similar to Riivolution and that only Gecko needed file replacement baked into the GCT.
nah it does it the exact same way... just the newest version of the file patch code can do stuff like sound effects that wasn't possible before...
not sure if it can to vids, though...

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
nah it does it the exact same way... just the newest version of the file patch code can do stuff like sound effects that wasn't possible before...
not sure if it can to vids, though...
I imagine it could, with a little modification. Sound-swapping did used to be Riivolution-only.

Top Bottom