• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Programming

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't mean to spam but, does anyone talk about programming in here? I'd figure that there would be a couple of programmers on a site like this. Or maybe it something people aren't that interested in talking about?

I aim to be a pretty good programmer. I've taken a bunch of CS courses in the last 3 years of college and I am currently learning to program with OpenGL. I've coded in languages like scheme, c++, C, java, random languages in robotics courses that I don't remember the name of, I've learned html, javescript, and css in college and have self taught myself php and have already started developing a pretty extensive website. I'm going to start learning Perl as well since I feel like that is a pretty fundamental language to know.

Despite all this, i feel like I still don't know very much at all. I feel like I only got a basic understanding of each of the languages I've used and I don't truly feel well versed in any of them. I still have to look stuff up every single time I write a program no matter how simple. So I was wondering if anyone here cares about programming and software engineering and has any tips for how to get better at it. Or even if you just want to discuss some random concept about some random language. Or even if you have some tips and tricks that you use with different languages or programming in general that might help me in the long run. Or just say something to let me know there are other people on this site who program.

This is a good article I read: http://norvig.com/21-days.html

So I guess if any of you are out there, here's a general thread to talk about programming.

Top Bottom