• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Programming characters....

NoLuvNoLife

Smash Rookie
hey, i've been wandering around these forums trying to find the correct place and where to start, but i hope this is the right place. well me and my friend want to program new characters into brawl like sora and shana. my friend is currently working on the graphical portion of the game like the motions, textures, and frames but i am kinda in trouble because i dont really know what language brawl was programmed into.....i have some background in C++ but i doubt that is what they used for Brawl..... so if i could get any help, it would be greatly appreciated!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is a thread or two in the General Brawl Discussion on hacking Brawl. But don't expect to be doing anything in high level code. Who knows what language the developers used, all that's on the disk is executable machine code.

NoLuvNoLife

Smash Rookie
in japanese? crap, well is it possible that i change the characters they have already in the game? because isnt all of the files that are in the game in a separate directory and when the game runs it just calls upon those files?

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
i know people have hacked costumes to create custom colors
maybe look there?

Top Bottom