• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with smash ultimate gamecube controllers

Youtube_Pudding

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3760 8338 4216
They seem the same as the ones you could buy in smash 4 maybe a bit lighter but apart from that same problems as smash 4 gamecube controller probably

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I own one. The stick seemed a little stiff but after practicing it seems to be getting broken in. The plastic feels different from the one released in 2014.

Youtube_Pudding

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
3760 8338 4216
I own one. The stick seemed a little stiff but after practicing it seems to be getting broken in. The plastic feels different from the one released in 2014.
I have to agree with you there the stick does seem a bit stiff at first but i dont have the issue with the control stick going in but apart from that it seemed like a normal gamecube controller to me maybe stick problem was just a one off

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
I have to agree with you there the stick does seem a bit stiff at first but i dont have the issue with the control stick going in but apart from that it seemed like a normal gamecube controller to me maybe stick problem was just a one off
Oh sorry when I say broken in, I mean using it a lot to make it feel not so stiff. Kind of like when you break in new sneakers :)

TB2

Smash Rookie
Sup! I bought my new GC controller and Adapter from Amazon, but there are two main problems here, First one, the Adapter didn't come in an original box, and gave me problems as soon as i plugged my GC controller in, it doesn't have the "Nintendo" on top of it, its just slim, and the plugs are waaay to tight, and the second problem is with thr GC controller, it seems to work 100% fine on controls, but the problem is in the Plug again, when i connected the contorller to the adapter, the black thing at the end of the GC contoller popped off, there was the metal, then the black plastic plug out of it, which im 100% sure is not intendedly done, so... What should i do? Remember i bought it from Amazon

Pyr

Smash Lord
Sup! I bought my new GC controller and Adapter from Amazon, but there are two main problems here, First one, the Adapter didn't come in an original box, and gave me problems as soon as i plugged my GC controller in, it doesn't have the "Nintendo" on top of it, its just slim, and the plugs are waaay to tight, and the second problem is with thr GC controller, it seems to work 100% fine on controls, but the problem is in the Plug again, when i connected the contorller to the adapter, the black thing at the end of the GC contoller popped off, there was the metal, then the black plastic plug out of it, which im 100% sure is not intendedly done, so... What should i do? Remember i bought it from Amazon
Did you buy from a retailer that was just going through Amazon? Definitely sounds like you got a few unofficial things my dude.

Last edited:

TB2

Smash Rookie
Did you buy from a retailer that was just going through Amazon? Definitely sounds like you got a few unofficial things my dude.
Yeah, the Controller is 100% official, and i already bought the actual adapter, cuz the other one was unofficial, its all ok now, thx :p

FFSMB

Smash Rookie
I bought the Hori (USB pluggable) one. Does anyone have experience using this model?

Top Bottom