• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems with Pro Controller?

unoclay

Smash Rookie
Curious if this is happening to anyone else. Playing Smash 4 on WiiU. Primarily using a pro controller. Played over 300 hours at last check.

My pro controllers are starting to fail with a similar problem on each. Simply put, one of the directions fails to work properly. The problem is visible when trying to fast fall with one of the controllers--its like the down-direction on my stick is "stuttering", and so the character will fall fast, then slow, then fast, etc---even if the controller is depressed the entire time.

The other controller is failing in the Right direction. So, for instance, when i try to dash, my character will often walk instead of dash...sometimes if i smack the controller harder, it will work properly, but not always, and not consistent.

Its strange, because the controllers work fine for almost all other games/purposes, but the sensitivity of Smash makes the problem very obvious. I can replicate it in the Home menu--you can see my cursor stutter fast/slow across the screen.

Anyone else? Anyone tried tearing apart a pro controller and fixing it (assuming its a physical problem)?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Used to have a problem like this on my Gamepad.Stopped using it for a little bit, and bought a new controller for smash, and it fixed itself

Last edited:

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
That happened to my Pro Controller too. I don't really know why it happened either, I thought it was due to the batteries of the Wii remote being low. Sometimes I have to quickly unplug and replug it back in to make it work again.

unoclay

Smash Rookie
thanks for the input. I'll try recharging them to maximum and seeing if it affects the issue, though i think it's been consistently happening across the life of the battery.....

Top Bottom