• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems vs Sheik

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yes, I know she's fast and has projectiles, but that's the problem I'm having against her. Too many quick hits I suffer from, and when she uses needles when I'm at a distance. Any suggestions on how to stop Sheik's speed with Bowser?

Me14k

Smash Lord
Use inf jump to speed up your recovery and approach through the air.

To get out of comboes get good DI......DI is the most important thing in the game.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Whenever I'm playing against a quick little ******* character, I play defensively and wait for an opening.

Bowser can be pretty hard to uproot when you stay anchored to the stage, shield, fortress out of shield and shieldgrab a LOT.

Also, don't forget to leap at them and PoF (fire breath aimed down on them). I find that chasing quick characters only results in leaving openings for them to attack. Make them come to you and then punish them for their mistakes.

Specifically for Shiek, if she uses the dair, it opens her to a LOT of lag upon landing. If you can dodge it, you can either catch her in fire or at least get an easy grab in there and a fair always works, too.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I just played against a good sheik....Tough ****. I was surprised.

Just hang in their and make your hits count. Keep good DI so you don't die, this shouldnt be a problem being that sheik struggles to kill and you are big. get sheik off stage, edgehog, then get up and punish sheik.

Don't be afraid to bowsercide if stock-even if you are very high percent.

--I think sheik/zamus are going to be rough matchups for bowser (they are a like). Ill try to get vids up in a week or so.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
I just played against a good sheik....Tough ****. I was surprised.

Just hang in their and make your hits count. Keep good DI so you don't die, this shouldnt be a problem being that sheik struggles to kill and you are big. get sheik off stage, edgehog, then get up and punish sheik.

Don't be afraid to bowsercide if stock-even if you are very high percent.

--I think sheik/zamus are going to be rough matchups for bowser (they are a like). Ill try to get vids up in a week or so.
I have so much trouble vs Zamus. Looking forward to some vids.

I have trouble edgeguarding as bowser because most of his moves hit up and due to the floatines of the game in general, most of the time they'll float straight over me as I hang. I guess if you force them to use their upB to get past you then you could punish them but I find it hard as it is.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I forgot to mention that the player is somewhat an aggressor.
Plus I really should find a Bowser icon that goes below my name...

I'm sure I could beat that Sheik player with Pit, but I just want to beat him with Bowser, to prove to everyone that it isnt all about speed!
For some reason I dont think Zamus is much of a problem for Bowser, idk why.

And Me14, I'm never afraid to Bowsercide! But I'll only do it when we both have 1 stock left, or if I have 1 more stock than him.

AFroFish

Smash Rookie
One way to kill shiek with bowser I think is to do a lot of mind games with her. Also if she needles you admiral bowser just block it -_-

Top Bottom