• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems only PTE players have

Amaterachu1

Smash Cadet
Just a quick funny "rant?" Not really a rant, but like I can expose you to a mediocre unknown culture.

After playing Punch Time Explosion for so long, I just can't play the new Smash Bros games anymore. Melee and 64 are definitely the most fun but I can't properly learn the clunky 1 frame controls of Melee (but probably could, since I'm playing PTE) and 64 is much more floaty and less attacks, no air dodge, etc. but the hitstun is funny. All the other Smashes feel so abysmal to play (except I haven't played Ultimate yet soooooooo....). They're super floaty and slow and... aerials have landing lag?!?!? There's shieldstun?!?!?!? Infinites in Brawl? Ice Climber Infinites? WHAAAAT??????????
Sorry, I only play bs fast paced janky broken games with a billion dev oversights now instead of slow hard to control feel like a feather falling and my attacks actually have accurate range to what the character is doing games. 🤭

But really, the characters in PTE tend to be so broken and fast that it's just way more fun dashing around the screen and the super moves are really cool and unlike Brawl not busted or break your shield and just get a free kill at 0%. Pulling off a sick combo with Jack then ending it with the super with the camera zooming in on his face, unsheathing the blade, then slashing AND actually getting the kill is freaking awesome. I can imagine so much hype this game would've had if it was at the highest competitive level.

But dang, the stages. Smash definitely has the better stages. Imagine having three different Melee Pokemon Stadium bs stages legal because they're the best competitive stages in the game.

In a casual standpoint, the stages can be good, but settle on something! There's so much inconsistency with the stages. The stages are WAY too unique from each other that they each have their own meta, mechanic, or playstyle to adapt to. Foster's 3, bed meta (Grim is more busted than he already is). Training, characters with strong vertical kills because there's a huge wall. Flapjack 3, the candy corn meta. Ben 2's double hitting glitch making center stage even stronger. Foster's 2, uncomfortably close blastlines. Powerpuff 1, everyone loses and the robot hazard wins. On a walkoff stage? Try not to get throwed or Akued near the blastzone. KND1, Vilgax. KND 3, Vilgax. Flapjack 2, Vilgax. Any other stage with a ceiling, Vilgax.

But competitively who wants to play on Kalos Pokemon League, except parts of the middle stage fall down at random in 30 second intervals, completely screwing over your positioning and giving certain characters a sudden advantage all of a sudden? Who wants to play on a stage where if you air dodge, your character just.... never lands and keeps falling while staying on top of the platform, or just... freak out for no reason on said platforms. Who wants to play on Jack 2? Everybody except for K'nuckles mains lol.

But Jack 2 doesn't follow the only mildly consistent thing about stages in the game. The blastzones. Now, I personally don't have a problem with the blastzones because characters kill and do so much damage easily but it becomes a problem on certain stages. KND 3 is like if you made a stage with 3x3 blocks in custom stage builder on the largest size setting and called it a day. The blastlines go way far out like it's Final Boss or Ben 1 which are much bigger stages of course, and that might be due to the floating platforms gimmick that KND 3 has. Foster's 2 blastlines as I mentioned earlier are too close you just die too dang quick especially with all these powerful fast characters in the game. Flapjack 3 has the candy corn meta because it is literally the earliest and most consistent thing that will kill on that stage. But otherwise, blastlines are quite consistent and are all just about the same size as each other, it just depends on how big the body of the stage is that really matters.

But the biggest problem PTE players face is someone coming in to say that Blossom has an infinite for the 13,475th time in a row. No. Blossom does not have an infinite. It's called the shield/jump out of it button. Just buffer with shield and punish her. Even the Hard CPU won't get caught in this really niche noob trap. How did so many people get fooled by this? Watching Alpharad? Watch him again and tell me he's playing good. You can't tell me he's good or bad, because barely anybody plays this game. For all we know, nobody is playing the game right. It just existed and went away.

But for me, it never went away. Punch Time Explosion is the best platform fighter of all time, not for most people, but for me and like... probably 3 more people. Rest assured, I will be double jump air dodging and coasting my way across life with my frame perfect super jumps and Aku laser techs.

Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day! 💜

Last edited:
Top Bottom