• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problems On Characters....

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
Okay, I've been playing a lot smash lately in FG. As I came across players there's always that one player who uses a character that I can't beat or I just simply suck against it. If anyone would help me I would really appreciate it. Here's the characters that I have problem with.

Luigi: I don't know why, but this guy pisses me of with his stupid fireballs and unavoidable followups. Every time he Dthrows I could almost always never escape his F air afterwards. What's worse is sometimes he can hit me twice with it after Dthrow. The fireballs also give me trouble cause whenever I shield it or just spot dodge it, he would grab me quickly and then Dthro>Fair.

Diddy Kong: The whole character is a problem, but there are some of his moves that are really just plain annoying. He's Dthrow>Uair. He's banana. Everytime I get into a Dthrow>Uair at 80% this would always kill me. It's all over when he do this move IMO. He's banana is also what makes it possible for him to do this folowup. He's side B is also a problem, because I never know which one he's gonna do. The grab or the kick? IDK it seems like for me, DD is just an unapproachable opponent.

Rosaluma: I love Rosalina.... But when I fight her with Peach I hate her. Idk if it's Luma or her, but she still has advantage ok either one. Has even MORE when these two are together. Where do I start... Ummm... Everything!!! I can't beat Rosaluma no matter what I do. Kick the Luma out, well it's still gonna go back, but while the player is waiting for it he/she would stall. I always find myself trap at the side of the stage, sonce I can't jump or roll behind it or whatever.

Thanks for taking the time to read. Please help me with ome of them or all of them.

Awesomecakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stef-Pie
3DS FC
3093-7191-2175
You should ask this in the matchup thread in the future. It makes it easier to see, since people will get notifications about it and if your question gets answered others will be able to read it too.

But i'll help however I can <3

Luigi: Just going off whatever For Glory experience I have and theory, don't have really good experience. But i'm pretty sure there's a sweetspot height where you can float above the fireballs. If you go up too high you'll be vulnerable or will get hit by an aerial one. But if you float at a heightjust above grounded ones, where you can Dair them to cancel them out you can get in a little bit closer. Its worth noting that Luigi has terrible aerial mobility on his first jump, so he won't be able to snuff you out with a Fair if you stay a certain distance away. Just float to get in a little bit closer, so you'll be able to punish him if he send out another fireball. If you get too close you will run into Fair. you can also Toad tornado approaches.

Diddy: Its hard, i know. the fact that he has consistent kill and damage options at any percent is super annoying. Luckily peach won't be hit by more than one of those UpAirs if you DI up and away. Against Diddy, item control is really important. Luckily, peach can stiff use aerials when you have an item, so use this to your advantage. Get Bananas, use them against him. Think of it like him giving you a free turnip to use. As for the Side B, you can hit it with a Nair or Fair or smash attack right when the move comes out. You need to be able to catch on to player habits in order to make this happen though. The other alternative is to go in and out of his range to Bait out the Monkey flip, and hit him when he is done. The move is actually really laggy at the end so you can hit him pretty cleanly. Just stay clear of the whole thing so you don't have to even worry about which move it is when he uses it.

Rosalina: Against her, use low float Fair. If you jump in the air, chances are you'll get beaten out by one of her huge, good priority aerials. So stay low to the ground. Fair is to take out luma. Basically approach with it to get a hit on shield and back away. Luma doesn't get protected by shield, and Fair will send it flying. The only real move they have to counter this is SideB which has some ending lag, and if you're watching out for it use your Peach Bomber, which also takes out luma. Your Bomber is also a pretty safe move to go for that has big reward in taking out luma. Once you've taken out luma, you should be able to get in rather easily.

NightPeach

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5129-1424-7916
You should ask this in the matchup thread in the future. It makes it easier to see, since people will get notifications about it and if your question gets answered others will be able to read it too.

But i'll help however I can <3

Luigi: Just going off whatever For Glory experience I have and theory, don't have really good experience. But i'm pretty sure there's a sweetspot height where you can float above the fireballs. If you go up too high you'll be vulnerable or will get hit by an aerial one. But if you float at a heightjust above grounded ones, where you can Dair them to cancel them out you can get in a little bit closer. Its worth noting that Luigi has terrible aerial mobility on his first jump, so he won't be able to snuff you out with a Fair if you stay a certain distance away. Just float to get in a little bit closer, so you'll be able to punish him if he send out another fireball. If you get too close you will run into Fair. you can also Toad tornado approaches.

Diddy: Its hard, i know. the fact that he has consistent kill and damage options at any percent is super annoying. Luckily peach won't be hit by more than one of those UpAirs if you DI up and away. Against Diddy, item control is really important. Luckily, peach can stiff use aerials when you have an item, so use this to your advantage. Get Bananas, use them against him. Think of it like him giving you a free turnip to use. As for the Side B, you can hit it with a Nair or Fair or smash attack right when the move comes out. You need to be able to catch on to player habits in order to make this happen though. The other alternative is to go in and out of his range to Bait out the Monkey flip, and hit him when he is done. The move is actually really laggy at the end so you can hit him pretty cleanly. Just stay clear of the whole thing so you don't have to even worry about which move it is when he uses it.

Rosalina: Against her, use low float Fair. If you jump in the air, chances are you'll get beaten out by one of her huge, good priority aerials. So stay low to the ground. Fair is to take out luma. Basically approach with it to get a hit on shield and back away. Luma doesn't get protected by shield, and Fair will send it flying. The only real move they have to counter this is SideB which has some ending lag, and if you're watching out for it use your Peach Bomber, which also takes out luma. Your Bomber is also a pretty safe move to go for that has big reward in taking out luma. Once you've taken out luma, you should be able to get in rather easily.
Okay, but the Luigi sweetspot short hop is still a little hard. I'm going to practice it.

Diddy..... I never knew you can block his hold side b with n air... Usually when I use Fair it gets too late and I get attack.

Rosaluma. Wow!!!! I didn't know this. I didn't that you had stay on the ground as much as possible.

Thank you very much!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom