• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem.

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to get good as Falco, but whenever I use him, my friend uses Marth. HE KEEPS GETTING UNFAIR KO'S WHEN I USE MY UP-B!!!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP?

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Always SHL against any marth. If you are trying to make it back on stage, Just sweetspot the edge. If the marth tries to attack the edge, then edge tech. Edge teching is very important against marths. Thats for the defensive falco. For the offensive falco, use the reflector a lot. Make sure you don't get grabbed or else marth can do from 0 to death to your falco. I will try to continue posting later.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm trying to get good as Falco, but whenever I use him, my friend uses Marth. HE KEEPS GETTING UNFAIR KO'S WHEN I USE MY UP-B!!!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP?
use forward b or airdodge to recover, if you're below the stage as falco, you're probably dead anyway. These KOs are perfectly fair btw, they exploit no glitch or anything, he's just killing you fair and square. As Falco, you have access to the laser, one of the most annoying and frustrating to play against moves in the game, so you have no right to complain about literally anything in the game besides possibly IC infinite (I still don't complain about this, but I can understand people who do). Just read up on Falco guides, learn how to play well and I'm sure you'll wreck your friend in no time.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
you can't say anyone is cheap if your using Falco.

ps: if you don't know what teching is, than i'm sure you can't really notice what is cheap or not.

xelad1

Smash Ace
What's teching?
Its likely that you've done it already in your game... I'm not even going to respond to this because its pretty aparent that you need to read more falco guides/watch falco vs. marth matches on youtube etc. etc.... plus the falco forums are already filled with tons of threads like these please read/ educate yourself before posting.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i imagine that you are just charging the marth and getting grabbed. you should read the guides b/c it sounds like you aren't using any advanced techs. marth w/o techs > falco w/o techs; it's not even close. the matchup is only even if you are using all of the techs.

you can't say anyone is cheap if your using Falco.

ps: if you don't know what teching is, than i'm sure you can't really notice what is cheap or not.
hilarious, everyone thinks every other character who gives them a halfway decent matchup is cheap. Marth thinks Sheik is cheap, Sheik thinks IC's are cheap. Every character has their own set of moves to exploit that are perfectly fair. except for the wobble . . .

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
hilarious, everyone thinks every other character who gives them a halfway decent matchup is cheap. Marth thinks Sheik is cheap, Sheik thinks IC's are cheap. Every character has their own set of moves to exploit that are perfectly fair. except for the wobble . . .
Even wobbling takes some degree of skill. I understand people's hatred of it, but it requires the ICs getting a clean grab with propper syncing or at a % where they have plenty of other ways to kill you from the grab. Just don't get grabbed -_-.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Even wobbling takes some degree of skill. I understand people's hatred of it, but it requires the ICs getting a clean grab with propper syncing or at a % where they have plenty of other ways to kill you from the grab. Just don't get grabbed -_-.
::sigh:: i hate it when people say "don't get grabbed"-- it's inevitable, but this is not the place to discuss the wobble.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
The next person who discusses the wobble gets warned. We don't need this thread to turn into a wobbles debate like so many other threads on SWF.

Short phantasm is by far my favorite recovery to get back on the stage. Can't do it everytime, however, because it can get predictable.

Always sweetspot...sometimes, with the perfect sweetspot, marth can't fsmash/sword break you, etc....depending how close to the edge he is.

If you have to up b, walljump tech is your best friend to forward b, either going for the edge or trying to mindgame the opponent with it. There isn't much more you can do.

Top Bottom