• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem....

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I have a problem with online mode of Smash. Pretty much, I can play really good, then get a bunch of damage on me, or two stocked, and end up losing badly, and then I start complety sucking...... and it keeps going on for a while, for the rest of the time I go online at that point. Any help?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
You play as Kirby, and he's hard to get good with. I know, since Kirby's my second main. :p
I know the feeling of that. Sometimes I start off a match pretty well, only to have the opponent make a comeback, and usually ends up in a close game with either my opponent or me winning. I find myself starting to suck if I get angry. At that point, I start to overthink my attacks, and don't play as well as I think I do. I suggest taking a break when you feel discouraged, that way things won't be so heavy on you.

Beach

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CallMeBeach
I wouldn't say it's your character as there really isn't any characters that are very technical in Smash 4, it's probably match ups. Just know your range and learn to space well but more importantly know your opponents range and what they will be wanting to do, watch and be patient of they're habits and capitalize on anything unsafe or risk they do.

Edit: Go with the thread posted above ^

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say it's your character as there really isn't any characters that are very technical in Smash 4, it's probably match ups. Just know your range and learn to space well but more importantly know your opponents range and what they will be wanting to do, watch and be patient of they're habits and capitalize on anything unsafe or risk they do.

Edit: Go with the thread posted above ^
It's not a matchup thing. It's a sort of mental thing.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I have a problem with online mode of Smash. Pretty much, I can play really good, then get a bunch of damage on me, or two stocked, and end up losing badly, and then I start complety sucking...... and it keeps going on for a while, for the rest of the time I go online at that point. Any help?
Kirby is abit like sheik as in he racks up damage fast with loads of up tilt strings etc then into smashes or aerials just like mario but has kinda a hard time killing.
Plus Kirby is light
Plussss the Rage mechanic is real in this game.

Eggggggggggbert

Smash Apprentice
It sounds like just a general issue with mental fortitude or how tenacious your positive attitude is.
Everyone tilts and everyone is effective by the stress and anxiety of performing poorly, while you can't completely overcome this factor there are things you can do to make it better on yourself.
One is just keep playing, building a consistency is important and practice is the only way to do it. Another is to do what @NGUY (guitarstage) said and get lots of sleep. You don't realize how grumpy little sleep gets you until you have to do something that relies on your attention. Then when you start performing poorly because of it, you just start short-fusing. Sleep means more focus and just more patience in general.

Also always take online with a grain of salt. Smash 4 isn't super technical but what technical aspects it has are forfeit due to the buffered nature of online inputs. You just don't want to twist yourself up about losing online. It's good fun, but it isn't the be all end all time-to-prove-myself moment I think you think it is. Drop it off that pedestal, and you'll relax and have fun in no time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom