• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem Using Mac's Tools Properly?

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I'm having an issue really grasping the fact that Little Mac has super armor. I know what it is and what it does but I just can't seem to use it. In past games, I used Luigi, Kirby, and Ganondorf. I never dealt with the raw super armor on common moves like Mac has.

Pretty much what I'm saying is, I'm used to shielding or rolling away from potential attacks. With Mac I can throw out smashes and blow through those attacks. I'm just having a hard time getting into that mindset and utilizing that. Any tips on this? Should I just lose all fear of getting hit and keep attacking? Anyone else have this issue?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Just get into the mindset that it's fine to go for trades or clash with other people's moves imo. Either you can armor through things or you'll just straight up beat them, because they're pretty good moves in general. Don't go too crazy with it, because being predictable or whiffing Smashes can get you punished and your better off trying to avoid habits that put you at risk so much. Also you probably could've just posted this in the Q&A thread or the Social thread. :o No need to make so many topics lol.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think this a worthwhile topic on it's own. The only on-command super armor I can even recall was Wario in Brawl.

Nat Goméz

Smash Apprentice
Haha ooww Sticky :3 Well, feel no fear my brother. If you see that someone is charging against you, you should charge against them, you're Little Mac. Mac's punches are fast, have big priority and super armor so even if you time poorly you will still win the trade (Good timing is still necessary though). Mac's super armor is one of the biggest treats he has and you should exploit it to it's maximum, for people trying to approach with aerials or from the ground, this is why there is no safe way to approach Little Mac with normal attacks.

You should still shield roll dodge and punish whiffs, but also be aware that -as Little Mac- you get an extra option of winning any trade with armored smashes.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Yeah that's what I need to get in the habit of doing. I need to understand that my move will pretty much always trade or win out. It's more of a read than doing it on reaction tho. The super armor isn't activated immediately when you start the move. Dsmash is probably my most used armor attack because it has great range and catches rolling really well

KingTeo

Smash Apprentice
Just get into the mindset that it's fine to go for trades or clash with other people's moves imo.
Yep this is the perfect answer. Nothing to add here and the only reason why I'm replying is to ensure you that this is exactly what you need to do if you had any sort of doubt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom