• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem regarding with sfx sawnd edited files and crashing my game......

smasher2107

Smash Rookie
Before 3.5 came out I made modifications to some of the sounds of some characters (Mario, Marth, DK, Link, Yoshi, Bowser, Luigi, Wario, Peach and Diddy Kong) because I wanted them to become louder. This worked perfect in version 3.02. When I attempted to play version 3.5 my game kept crashing during the stage load. After several tests I figured that specifically 2 edited sounds in the sawnd file of Marth and 2 more in the sawnds file of Mario caused the crashing meaning that if I take them out everything works ok. But the thing is I still want those edited sounds in my game. In the case of my Mario and Marth sawnd files I made 3 sound edits in each sawnd file. Also, this may be kind of obvious but the game only crashes if I choose Marth or Mario at the character select screen.

I already tried erasing my preview sawnd files of Mario and Marth and creating them again but it didn't work.

Any known reason to why this happens? Any way to fix this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom