• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem M won't boot

pandulerojo

Smash Rookie
So I downloaded 3.6 hackless on my mac, extracted the files to a 2gb Fat 32, deleted stages from brawl, put sd card when in wii mode, and it doesn't load when i go to the stage builder. I tried putting it in after cutscenes, waiting, nothing happens.

Not really sure what else to do.

Thought possibly it was the order of the files were as as follows

boot.elf
codes
gameconfig.txt
private
project M

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
Everything is set up correctly; your copy not working is not a glitch. The Project M termination protocol has been activated and will slowly disable any and all copies of Project M.

AstroHamsta

Smash Cadet
That doesnt mean going to the stage builder works.

Sounds like your wii is having issues reading the disc.
Cleaned the disc and reformatted the SD Card. Brawl works perfectly normal but Project M still doesn't boot when I use the Homebrew Channel.

Narpas_sword

NTSC?

Try getting the boot.elf from a gecko launger and replacing it.

Im just spit-balling tbh, as someone who has never had problems, im finding it hard to diagnose a lot.

PoutineBoutique

Smash Rookie
I'm having similar issues as well. Recently bought a wii, 2GB SD, downloaded the hackless PM mod off of the mirrors for on the project M subreddit for 3.6. Deleted custom stages, etc.

When I click the stage builder, nothing happens. The launcher never comes up. Anyone here have any ideas? Does the wii itself need any updates to run Project M? I bought the wii off my buddy who has had it sitting in a closet for four years. The thing is brand new. So not sure what the hell is going on.

Narpas_sword

I'm having similar issues as well. Recently bought a wii, 2GB SD, downloaded the hackless PM mod off of the mirrors for on the project M subreddit for 3.6. Deleted custom stages, etc.

When I click the stage builder, nothing happens. The launcher never comes up. Anyone here have any ideas? Does the wii itself need any updates to run Project M? I bought the wii off my buddy who has had it sitting in a closet for four years. The thing is brand new. So not sure what the hell is going on.
Either youve set up your SD card wrong, or you're PAL im guessing.

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do you set it up? mine is formatted to fat(I'm on mac so thats the only available fat format other than exfat) i had no file on it so there was no root, and it had no files. Its still not booting!!

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
They're in the nohomebrew folder, but how do i put it in the root if there were no files?

Narpas_sword

Uh. The root is just the top level. Ie, directly on the Sd card. Not in a folder.

Take everything off the Sd card.
Open the nohomebrew folder on your desktop.
Copy the contents of the nohomebrew folder.
Paste the contents to the Sd card.

Top Bottom