• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem installing P:M 3.0 homebrew full set

Sonic and Link

Smash Rookie
Hi, i have been playing the mod since 1.0, and have had no trouble installing the previous versions, but for some reason, 3.0 does not seem to work.

I replaced the RSBE file in the code folder, replaced the config and background file, and deleted the pf folder, and replaced it with the new one.

When i press launch game in gecko, it finds the DVD, and finds SD code, which it applies. But when i launch the game, i just get regular brawl, with some modifictation such as Squirtel Ivysaur and Charizard being in the menu, and some new stages.

Any help is appreciated.

Pardon my english, its not my primary language.

Sonic and Link

Smash Rookie
Alright, now it seems to work. The reason it failed was because the folder structure has changed. So what i did was changing privat folder to projectm, and place the pf folder directly in there.

FD_NO_ITEMS_FOX

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem. For me, the projectm folder is already in the root of the SD card, and the pf folder is in the projectm folder. I see the Gecko with Project M 3.0 blue UI thing, but when I start it up it just does brawl, but with split characters, like yours did.
Do you know anything I can do? I'm using an SD card that says 2 Gigabytes on it...but on the back in small letters it says 4 gigabytes. :\

Sonic and Link

Smash Rookie
Well, if your SD card is 4GB, then that might be a problem.

Have you also rememberd to replace the file in the code folder, and replaced gameconfig.txt? (if you had previous demo on the SD card)

FD_NO_ITEMS_FOX

Smash Rookie
This was a clean SD card. It might just be the size of it, so I guess I'll have to buy another one, or just wait till they make larger ones compatible.
TO EBAY!

freakinbird

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem with only some of the characters showing up (ones that were in Brawl/the 3 pokemon/ZSS) but not Roy/Mewtwo. Also it froze. I really don't see how SD size would be the issue if it were previously working using these methods.

Sonic and Link

Smash Rookie
I believe there are som changes compared to previous demos, that make SD card above 2GB not work, but i might be mistaken. Also, i dont think Riivolution works anymore.

Top Bottom