• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

problem as a newlyturned luigiplayer

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
Hey guys, recently switched from falcon to luigi. He plays SO differently than the mellee luigi i knew as a kid. I kinda like him tho, with correct spacing i think he can be really strong! But i really struggle with recovering with cyclone, it just seem so random if you rise or not, i've experimented to some extent in training to see if you need your second jump saved in order to rise, but its not consistant no matter what i try...

Any tips or info about cyclone or recovering in general?

louie g

Smash Journeyman
Are you using the Wii U version of smash or the 3ds version?

Last edited:

Akumetsu

Smash Apprentice
You need to mash the B-Button a LOT, especially when not having upwards momentum, to recover with him properly.

Last edited:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
What the others say. It's the hardest part to master regarding Luigi's recovery but with enough mashing and practicing you should get it fairly quickly :)

I find that Luigi Cyclone isn't as needed in this game for recovery as before though. 90% of the time I manage to recover just fine with the Missile + Jump Punch, with me only using the Cyclone for when it's absolutely needed and for mindgaming (if an opponent discovered a counter to the Missile or Punch)

D

Deleted member

After jumping, just mash the B button/special button and Luigi will rise in the air like a lunatic! If you don't jump and use the Cyclone, Luigi will have a much harder time recovering with it; you will need to mash the B button about 12 times per second.

However, you don't always need to use the Luigi Cyclone to recover. If you are far away horizontally, use the Green Missile first and then use his midair jump. Only use the Luigi Cyclone when necessary or mind game your opponents.

louie g

Smash Journeyman
the 3ds version, trying to save up for a wii u after xmas, going to be good to get rid of that small screen :/
Do you combine your jumps with the cyclone? As soon as you press the jump button, quickly start mashing down B, without delay. It gives it a great kickstart, and doesn't need too much mashing to get you flying upwards. If you have already been doing this, then I dunno what to say man, hopefully you can get a better experience with the Wii U version.

Last edited:

KaptenFullkorn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Magnetgoat
been able to pull it off more consistantly now, I think i started the cyclone too late after my second jump. Either that or i was mashing too slow! Thanks for the imput guys, i've even started to implement rising cyclone as a kill move!

louie g

Smash Journeyman
been able to pull it off more consistantly now, I think i started the cyclone too late after my second jump. Either that or i was mashing too slow! Thanks for the imput guys, i've even started to implement rising cyclone as a kill move!
The problem definitely could have been a mixture of both, the cyclone is extremely momentum based so keep that in mind. But anyways, that's fantastic progress my friend, keep up the great work. Remember that down throw + jump and down B can be deadly when the opponent is at high percents!

Top Bottom