• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Problem and a glitch.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
So I'd never played ICs much in Brawl. Well, I decided to play around with chaingrabs in the Training Room this morning. I've got the timing on all the alternating throws perfectly, but the problem is that when I try to do a Popo-to-Nana bthrow by pressing Back and Z, Nana often decides to do something other than turn around and grab: she'll roll, either forward or backward, or will occasionally even grab but obstinately refuse to turn around while so doing.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

By the way, I also noticed an interesting glitch. It's difficult to do, and it's completely useless, but it shows an interesting fact about IC physics. I got Nana stuck just under the ledge in FD, where a character would be by hanging on to the ledge, dropping down, DIing toward the stage, and jumping. Basically, someone standing next to the ledge would be right above them, with a thin platform between the two.

Well, Popo was the one above Nana. So, Nana always tries to go towards Popo, right? Yup, she tried to go towards Popo through the stage. By spamming Ice Blocks, I could keep her perpetually floating there. After about 30 seconds of this, I stopped pressing B; she plummeted to her doom.

Just thought I should mention this because it shows that Nana gets pulled towards Popo even upwards.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
You are pressing Z+direction too fast. In other words, it's as if you pressed them at the same time. Try it out by doing Z+Direction at the same time with Popo and you'll see he rolls as well. Try doing it a bit slower so that Nana just turns around, sort of like a pivot, and grabs. It seems like something that would require fast input, but in reality, it isn't.

And we know about the glitch.

Top Bottom