• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Probably already known, but I want to make sure.

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
I've found another way to SHDL, and it's faster. I'd say it's performed similarly to missile canceling with Samus. I'm not sure of the exact placement, but you need to use your laser when you are closer to the ground than a normal SHDL. If you time it right, (which it is a bit difficult IMO) the first laser will make no sound and a 2nd laser can follow it almost immediately.

If this is already known by most of you, sorry, and this thread can be deleted.

OK, there's a thread similar to this, but it's about SHL, not SHDL.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
I've found another way to SHDL, and it's faster. I'd say it's performed similarly to missile canceling with Samus. I'm not sure of the exact placement, but you need to use your laser when you are closer to the ground than a normal SHDL. If you time it right, (which it is a bit difficult IMO) the first laser will make no sound and a 2nd laser can follow it almost immediately.

If this is already known by most of you, sorry, and this thread can be deleted.

OK, there's a thread similar to this, but it's about SHL, not SHDL.
..yea, you cant SHDL next to the grounded. You'd SHL and have a grounded laser.

Jeiro

Smash Rookie
The point of the SHDL is to fire off two lasers without the lag of doing a ground laser, so you can act as soon as you land. So the silent laser-grounded laser combo just doesn't seem as effective, especially since it doesn't cover the two angles like the SHDL does.

Top Bottom