• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Priority? Shield Lag?

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.

Now I know that For Glory isn't the best way to determine skill based on online lag, but it's the place that I end up battling better players than myself, and where I really stretch myself

However, it's the place I find the most frustration. Because in For Glory matches, I find my shield has lag in the beginning, and all of my moves seem to have exploitable ending lag.

Now I wouldn't complain expect that my opponents never seem to. I've seen opponents use Pit, Palutena, Captain Falcon, Shulk, Game and Watch and Diddy, and where I seem to have frames off, they can still shield frame-perfect and have better out of shield options.

So what I'd like to discuss in this thread is priority. What moves does Rosalina have that have priority, especially over quick characters. And what do you think of Air Dodge, Rolls and Shield.

I personally don't think I should be grabbed out of rolls as often as I am, and I don't know whether I'm just bad, but I can't seem to shield-- in or out-- fast enough.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I don't really know about priority but, however F-tilt and D-tilt come out really quickly, you can throw out a random dsmash and still hit them with a d-tilt afterwards when they try to punish you, also try to incorporate a lot of jabs into your game, luma's comes out quickly and it's pretty safe, also Luma's nair first hit is pretty quick, you can try that out of shield.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Priority is somewhat of a random word that gets thrown out without much understanding.

There are two types of priority. There's normal priority and then there's transcendent priority.

Normal Priority is just clashing hits. If one attacker has +9% damage over the other target, then it will break the clash and his hit will go through while the opponent's will be cancelled. Otherwise, they will just clash and no damage is taken from either side.

Disjointed attacks always goes through attacks that are not, though this isn't priority. This is simply being out-ranged.
Faster attacks always hit your opponent before they can attack, though again this isn't priority.
If two aerials clash, the opponents will trade hits.

Now, transcendent priority is when your attacks do not clash. At all. Things like Fox/Falco's lasers and Mario's cape are transcedent. I'm not entirely sure if Rosie has any transcendent hitboxes.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Priority is somewhat of a random word that gets thrown out without much understanding.

There are two types of priority. There's normal priority and then there's transcendent priority.

Normal Priority is just clashing hits. If one attacker has +9% damage over the other target, then it will break the clash and his hit will go through while the opponent's will be cancelled. Otherwise, they will just clash and no damage is taken from either side.

Disjointed attacks always goes through attacks that are not, though this isn't priority. This is simply being out-ranged.
Faster attacks always hit your opponent before they can attack, though again this isn't priority.
If two aerials clash, the opponents will trade hits.

Now, transcendent priority is when your attacks do not clash. At all. Things like Fox/Falco's lasers and Mario's cape are transcedent. I'm not entirely sure if Rosie has any transcendent hitboxes.
That explains a lot, thank you.

Top Bottom