• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pricing help

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
I had my friend come up with something for me. I want a new computer and this is what I'm interested in getting.

CPU: (Socket AM2+) AMD Phenom™ X4 9500 Quad-Core

MOTHERBOARD:Asus Crosshair nForce 590 SLI MCP Chipset
MEMORY:4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel
VIDEO CARD: 2x NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768MB 16X PCI Express

HARD DRIVE: (RAID-0) 150GBx2 Gaming Western Digital Rapter 10, 000RPM SATA150 16MB Cache

Data Hard Drive: 1.5TB (750GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive

SOUND: Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro 24-BIT PCI Sound Card

Can somebody tell me how much it would be to get all of that stuff?

and I don't even know if its a full computer or if I need more stuff. please help.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
You need a 500-550 watt power source because of the SLI, RAM and sound card.

It looks like it can only be a gaming PC, so you need a version of Windows, and 4 gigs can only be used with a 64-bit OS, so sadly it points to Vista x64.

You might need a new carcass/chassis/case (I'm clueless about how you guys call it) to put it all together.

Frames

DI
Uh well you're gonna need a monitor, unless you're just gonna use the one you have already.

Also, you need a Ethernet adapter so you can go on that newfangled interweb thingy.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Uh well you're gonna need a monitor, unless you're just gonna use the one you have already.

Also, you need a Ethernet adapter so you can go on that newfangled interweb thingy.
ethernet adapter for what new internet thing?

All I want is prices on how much that stuff is going to cost and what else I need, because I intend on that being my new computer.

Frames

DI
mobo is 240
ram is 110 (that's for 4 gb, ur mobo supports 8, so get 8 if u can afford it, doesn't make a HUGE difference, but nice to have)
video card, well mooney u really know how to pick em 500 each (1k for sli)

to be honest, u should get a different mobo, from what i hear, after you put the video cards in it's gonna block most/all of your sata ports, also it doesn't support phenom out of the box u need to flash it, AND it doesn't support your socket type ever (AM2+) so yea

DragonBlade

Smash Journeyman
I think newegg.com is a decent place to get pricing info and not a bad place to order either depending on the situation. I use it when I have no idea exactly what to buy because their search is good also. Most mobos come with ethernet ports now but I think you are missing a case, PSU, and DVD writer. Maybe even fans, heat sink, SATA and IDE cables, and a monitor if they arnt included or you dont have them. You should probably do some reading so you buy the right stuff.

Top Bottom