• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pressure with Pikachu

soniczx123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
soniczx123
Switch FC
SW-2963-6512-0416
Hi guys, Pikachu secondary here. I have a question in order to improve my Pikachu play in pressure. How do I keep pressure in MUs such as Sheik and Fox?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
I find jumping and using n-special (the little blue thunderbolts) will apply a lot of pressure. Most players don't know how to react if you use them fluently. Don't spam them, but when you run toward and opponent... jump, use a thunderbolt (n-special), and follow up with an aerial.

N-air is really good for breaking strings and creating space between your opponent.

For pressure, stay close to your opponent. Pikachu has very quick attacks and come out very fast. Against Sheik or Fox, sometimes pressure or rushdowns aren't the best option. Stay safe, but attack only when it's guaranteed you'll hit the opponent.

Edit: Pikachu's u-special (Quick Attack) is also very helpful, for both escaping and attacking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom