• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pressing the Advantageous Position with Marth

MajinJoseph

Smash Rookie
We can get into more matchup specifics as they are brought up on how we as Marths deal with opponents after we have gained positioning. An instance I find myself in pretty often against Falcos for example, is I will have them in the corner, as I had just hit a predictable approach after a laser, but I will not capitalize properly. (usually they jump out, and I miss my aerial to intercept) What are your mindsets for situations like these, and the answers to each of your opponents escape options that reward your advance in neutral?

Last edited:

Hunybear

Smash Ace
When you counter falco (or anyone) I believe the next move should be dash forward, as it puts you in a position to cover almost all his options.

Last edited:

Pent

Smash Rookie
I just wait and react to what they do. If you hit Falco down you should be able to at best, grab any gettup or at worst Dtilt a shield after roll away. Which dtilting Falco's in specific isn't exactly a bad position for you to be in.

Top Bottom