• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Preparing my Diddy.

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Alright so, I'm not much of a well known Diddy yet, been getting my experience up and shiz. So I've been working on my matchups plus experience for a while (I was a Mario main prior to Diddy btw). So far things are all good, seem to have everything down but a few problems:

Rob (Who uses him anyway? lol)
Olimar >_>
Getting gimped by MK
Currently learning Single naner lock (Great progress).

I would place and stuff but I always lost to something stupid and I don't go to many tourneys since NY had a cutback for some reason. Last tourney I got 17/53 for losing to two Olimars (Blackwaltz and Icy).

Any tips on my Diddy so I can finally finalize and put it out there? I know I have the potential but the rest is remain unseen unless I bring it out.

Thankies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
shoot peanuts at rob

shoot MORE peanuts at oly

shoot peanuts at mk while recovering to pressure him to not edgehogging you

shoot peanuts while SNLing for style points

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
this.

10more peanuts
We really need a new mod :rolleyes:

Look up the Olimar discussion thread to see my take on the match-up, and while you're at it the other character discussion threads. They're all archived in the Barrels of Match-ups sticky and they'll tell you what you need to know.

Um, good luck with SNL. I don't really know what to say to that :\

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I know that these simple things that I'm listing are making me look bad right now but I'm better than you guys might think. lol

I think I got the Rob one down so far, recovering with MK hasn't been a problem lately so I'm confident to say I got those down once again. I seem to be having trouble with ZSS on wi-fi but I can just fix that with camping like hell and facing them offline is no trouble really lol.

Conti

Smash Ace
shoot peanuts at rob

shoot MORE peanuts at oly

shoot peanuts at mk while recovering to pressure him to not edgehogging you

shoot peanuts while SNLing for style points
THIS ^^^ 10peanuts

But yeah, i havent been able to play an oly, but the rob matchup it really depends on playstyle, i know an offensive rob, and our matches are always down the last stock, at 100+ %
If you seriously have trouble in a match then change your tempo... like your pace/playstyle... when i start really doing bad, i realized if i just slow it down for half a stock, and just play a bit more defensively like get my nanrz out maybe set up some bananna combos, and seriously shoot lots of peanuts.... [SH sometimes, charge some...] and then find an opening and speed up my pace again, it really works... cuz your opponenet will have trouble adapting to your playstyle, which is a key to winning sometimes... thats all i got to say...
oh and to improve ur nanar if u got good at glidetossing, [hope u know Z-catchz]... i recommend learning the JCT if you haven't... seriously, learning that At has helped me soo much in the D3 Matchup, i always beat his grab now [dashing up, JCT to Grab]... and im still working on instant throwing myself... and dribbling fowards [turning around n p00p throws me off]

Top Bottom