• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest Prelude To Smash Deja Vu: A 1v1 and 3v3 Sm4sh Wii U tournament ($100 pot bonus!)

Prelude To Smash Deja Vu: A 1v1 and 3v3 Sm4sh Wii U tournament ($100 pot bonus!)
Posted by MrRecluse
Kintech Houston
Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 02:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 30, 2016 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/Chicago)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/Chicago

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet

PTS (Prelude To Smash) Presents: Deja Vu

This is the third tournament of prelude to smash. Deja Vu will have a 3v3 double elimination tournament. Please be on time for this event. If you bring a setup I will waive your venue fee!

Venue:

The event is back at Kintech Houston cyber lounge. The event is located next to estar chinese buffet, whataburger,subway, and texaco gas station

Schedule for November, 28th:

2:00 p.m. - Venue opens and setting up begins

3:00 p.m. - 1v1 and 3v3 Registration

4:00 p.m. - 3v3 Tournament begins

6:00 p.m. - 1v1 Tournament begins

Venue Fees and entry:

$5 Venue fee ( waived if you bring a set-up)

$5 for 1v1 entry

$5 per person for 3v3 entry

Please bring set ups! There only be about 12 or more accepted at the door! If there is enough set ups we will have extra just for frendlies.

Full set ups include:

-TV/ HD monitor

-Wii u with adapter

-A copy of smash brothers and all DLC content

Tournament Rules:

Game Settings: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Equipment Off, 2/3 Games

Available Stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Town & City, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd

Mii fighters: no custom characters or custom Mii fighters with special move sets. Regular Mii fighters will do.

Neutral Stage List:
Smashville
Town and City
Battlefield/Miiverse
Final Destination/Omega stages
Lylat Cruise

Counter Pick Stage List:
DreamLand 64
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
SkyLoft
Duck Hunt

Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1928250537400957/
If you are going, please visit this link if you have a Facebook and click on going, or just RSVP here on smash boards. Thank you and can't wait to see you guys!

this event will be streamed on twitch!
Stream link: http://www.twitch.tv/preludetosmash

Prize Pay Out:

1v1 (70 entrant cap)

1-31 entrants

1st: 55%

2nd: 25%

3rd: 12%

4th: 8%

32 entrants+

1st: 50%

2nd: 20%

5th: 5%

5th: 5%

3v3

6 teams or less:

Winner take all

7-10 teams

1st: 75%

11-19 teams

1st: 60%

3rd: 15%

20 teams+

1st: 55%

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
perfect! are any of you guys bringing a set-up? they are very much needed. Venue fees will be waived for each set-up.

SCC|Ten'Noh

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reversi01
3DS FC
4399-2401-1166
I should have at least one person with me when i come. I intend on bringing a full set so should I pick up Dreamland 64? It's the only stage on the list I don't have.

Last edited:

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
dreamland 64 is one of the counter pick stages. So yes if you can get dreamland 64 that would be great.

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
tbh i dont really get the counterstage thing. so its like what? if my opponent wins then he chooses a stage we cant play on then i have to pick a legal stage EXCEPT the one he/she chose and the automatic illegal stages? i know its a stupid question to ask but i searched up rule sets and i still dont understand about counterpick stages :smash:

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
tbh i dont really get the counterstage thing. so its like what? if my opponent wins then he chooses a stage we cant play on then i have to pick a legal stage EXCEPT the one he/she chose and the automatic illegal stages? i know its a stupid question to ask but i searched up rule sets and i still dont understand about counterpick stages :smash:
Counter picks are stages that a player must pick to their advantage against another players character. For example, a marth player must counter pick final destination against a falco player because of marths play style. Marths combos cannot be interrupted on a flat map with no platforms. Get the idea yet?

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
Who's the person that picks the counter stage? The loser of the match before? :colorful:

Jackson Fall

Smash Rookie
NNID
JacksonFall
3DS FC
0705-4028-9564
Switch FC
SW-2751-5376-7899
If we bring a setup is there a minimum size requirement?

MrRecluse

Smash Cadet
If we bring a setup is there a minimum size requirement?
We cant do projectors just yet. Give is some time though. But the minimum requirements are here.

Full set ups include:

-TV/ HD monitor

-Wii u with at least 2 GameCube controllers and adapter

-A copy of smash brothers ( DLC is optional )

TT|Hero

Smash Rookie
I'm a be bringing 4 of my friends. Some of them feel more comfortable using a DS or the controller that connects to a wii mote. I wanted to make sure if those will be allowed in the tournament. Also I have never done a 3v3 and wanted to know if team attack is on. I figure it's would be on, same as a 2v2, but just making sure.

Bearin'

Smash Rookie
Hey did someone bring a wiiu gamepad charger to the front bro? Friend of mines forgot it in the back room

Top Bottom