• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Practicing range game effectively alone

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
I don't get to play against my friends as often as Id like to, so my ranged game doesn't get much practice.

Level 1 computers are obviously too slow to practice it well, and level 9s...well, they're level 9s.

My question is: How can I effectively practice my range game by myself? One of my friends mentioned using level 4-6 CPUs, since they don't start to power-shield until 7 (I believe); I'll probably go with that idea, unless something comes up against it, or something better is mentioned.

Thanks!

Chip.

you know what to do
I say you should watch great Young Link players(i.e. Caveman, Chu Dat, Wak) and watch and study their projectile game. After that, learn their strategy of spaming and how they space and then go to training mode and practice it on a movingless charachter and perfect it.

Metà

Smash Master
Practice various techniques, such as ledge hop bomb throw, bomb throw, and boomerang tricks. Also, as Chip said, watch videos of pro Young Link players (you forgot to mention Aniki lol).

Bane

Smash Journeyman
I tend to practice aginst a level nine yoshi, as it rarely powersheilds and yet isn't as dumb as a post. Apart from that watching pro link players will help you understand some of the finer points of spamming.

drummer_kid

Smash Cadet
good info guys, im in the same situation as switch, with the whole not playing ppl as often as i want to awsome suggestions though:)

L33teHaxor

Smash Apprentice
My advice is don't practice with the same character all the time switch it up with other characters so you can get used to their gravity and you could get used to timing the projectiles. Also because you switch the characters you wont get as bored as playing the same person over and over again.

Evil_MARIO

Smash Rookie
Practice using boomarangs , arrows and bombs in training mode on evade mode. chase him around and try to kill him with your awsome ranged weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Top Bottom