• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Hey pp, you looked visibly frustrated on stream today so I just wanted to say that you're still the most consistent falco in the world today. You lost 2 close sets today but there's still a milliOn things all of us could learn from you.

Keep your chin up and I expect u to own at evo

D

Deleted member

Hey doctor, how much for a 30-minute session on day 1 of Zenith? I have a Zenith curse that needs curing. Symptoms include getting exposed by spacies and Sheik.

next time i go to something, i'll do it for a cheap lunch

i was going to go to zenith today to spectate but changed my mind at the last minute

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey pp, you looked visibly frustrated on stream today so I just wanted to say that you're still the most consistent falco in the world today. You lost 2 close sets today but there's still a milliOn things all of us could learn from you.

Keep your chin up and I expect u to own at evo
you're a great dude, man. I plan on learning from this and giving you guys 2 million things to see at evo =D

Bones0

Smash Legend
you're a great dude, man. I plan on learning from this and giving you guys 2 million things to see at evo =D
You lost to Hbox because he controller-watched your DI on that very last dthrow. Chu did this to me when I played him (and you can imagine how important that is for ICs CG stuff), so I started DIing one way and switching it at the last moment before being thrown.

Proof

Playing you in pools was... an experience. >__________>

clowsui

Smash Legend
You lost to Hbox because he controller-watched your DI on that very last dthrow. Chu did this to me when I played him (and you can imagine how important that is for ICs CG stuff), so I started DIing one way and switching it at the last moment before being thrown.

Proof

He lost to Hbox because his head wasn't in the game. Don't get it twisted.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
lol who even controller watches, ****s so ****ed up

it goes back to the days of screen peaking in goldeneye64

great set

controversial ending, cant believe i didnt see that til now

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I don't think its that controversial. You play to win and its not against the rules. Also he was up almost a full stock anyways, doubt it would change the outcome if he hadn't done it.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
nah looking at someone's controller isn't controversial at all lol it's perfectly fair since they can do the same thing back

hanky panky fake mashes. and that can really actually be weird when you think he's looking to trade nair (peach main) but he instead DI's out of something or etc.

Squirt

Smash Apprentice
1) I assume he managed to shine you before you shined him after your aerial? And what exactly are "early" aerials? Do you hit him while still rising? Then it's possible without angling the shield upwards or anything. The closer you get to a perfectly late aerial, the harder it obviously gets to get something in between your aerial and shine.
Angling the shield upwards can certainly help (especially if it causes the other guy to miss his fast fall or sth, then shine OOS gets pretty easy to time ;) ), but mostly it's as usual the question who of you two is closer to frame perfection with his timings... You might actually be advantaged depending on how "not too early" your aerial was placed, but if you really jump and start a aerial as soon as possible, you're at a huge frame disadvantage.

2) If the stage and your position allows it, fulljump > side-b cancel on the top platform > drop off that one > waveland off the side platform > turnaround laser (or a simple bair, depending on the Marth's position) is tons of fun :D But really, just fullhopping is rather good to get out of some tough spots, because Falcos fulljump is totally broken :D (you can get to the top platform, or just fade back towards your initial spot again, you could land on the side platform instead, you can attack from it or try to air dodge through his attempts to catch you coming down, you have the option to fast fall or not to fastfall... it's really a lot of things, that can be a lot harder to cover than desperate attacking OOS options or rolls which can't even travel the full distance).

edit: oh and I learned both simply shine OOS in the first place and waveshine OOS today <3
I don't really get what's harder for people to do waveshine than simply any kind of grounded shine OOS. I'm not perfect with the later or anything (far from it), but if I get it, I manage the wavedash out of it part every time.

Seems really complicated.

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
who was at zenith ...only falcos i saw was matt and mizuki , shiz ..and yeah PP lol ? byw mizuki if your out there we finially got your controller back lol ..imma give it to alex strife to send to you this week

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
who was at zenith ...only falcos i saw was matt and mizuki , shiz ..and yeah PP lol ? byw mizuki if your out there we finially got your controller back lol ..imma give it to alex strife to send to you this week
Stric9!

And why does Thorn never go to these big east coast regional? They're not too far out of the way and I'm pretty sure he'd place well. So disappointing

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
Stric9!

And why does Thorn never go to these big east coast regional? They're not too far out of the way and I'm pretty sure he'd place well. So disappointing
i see stric all the time since im a tristate player...i finally happy i can battle with him now ...when im playing well anyway i was getting bodieds for like 10 mins before i stepped my game up

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
Happy post-Zenith everyone. I had a recent set against Sheik where I dropped a 2-0 lead and lost 3 games straight. I'd really appreciate some critique from anyone! Here's a link to Game 4, where I start to lose stage control and get stuck in my shield:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...z8-eqXrTvDLwXVMh_uiLRhey&v=ycoDsUtgNtE#t=768s
well i watched this live..you just got out of the your mindset since you though you won... .... you should have came out like **** this guy i just bodied him let me **** em up a gain ..but

from the first 2 games you looks like you know what your doing agaisnt sheik....shoot more lasers like approach with them more i saw you run away laser alot ..and do retreating dairs on her shield more

and grab more like laser grabs etc wait for rolls since will was rolling alot under pressure

also dont utilt shiek shield unless she facing away from you cause your gonna get GRABBED

you also get jumping back the same to recover so he got you 2 times with the same nair ed-guard on yoshi match...

but i feel like you just lost the mindset you had after you thought you won since your literally ran a train on him that 2-0

Bones0

Smash Legend
nope lol. First time in a long while though,

Anyone know what percent u can uthrow->uair Peach and Puff to kill them?
Also is it every guaranteed/something you can DI chase on reaction?

I tested this recently and put the percent ranges for uthrow uair vs. Peach and Puff and a few other things in the hitbox and frame data thread. Just CTRL+F "Combos". I plan on getting a comprehensive list eventually. Some of the combos are really hard. Like uthrow uair works on Doc at most percents, but he is sent different directions by the lasers depending on his %. I don't think uthrow uair combos on anyone if they DI behind Falco so that they avoid all the lasers. Might work on Puff/Fox other lightweights, but you'd probably have to hard read their DI in order to hit them anyway.

dkuo

Smash Lord
man dat sextuple post <_< you should just make 1 big post in the future. (not that anyone really minds other than the mods)

and ive been maining falco since pound 5 lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Proof

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG

good look
gross
i remember doll doing that whenever he grabs me lol

btw congrats on vgbc sponsorship pp :D
Thanks! =)
I fully expect you to rebound and win evo.
I'm fine with Mango winning, I just would've preferred it to be Peepee :D
<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
Hey bones, thanks again for the games. It was nice being able to play someone who doesn't just insta-destroy me off one mistake. Gave me ample time to take notice of what adjustments I needed for my game. <3

Shoutouts to Cyrain, Slox, Twebb and Kels for infinite Fox and Falco practice.

Top Bottom