• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poyo! (Hi I'm Iko)

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Hi, I'm new!
I decided to make an account on this site because I'm a huge Smash fan, and this is one of the biggest community, if not the biggest, about the universe of Smash.
I already introduced myself in "personal details", so I think i'll just quote what I already wrote:
I'm a Smash player who also like Kirby games very much. Because of this, my favorite character is Kirby and I decided to master him even if he got nerfed in Melee and Brawl.
Anyway, I don't like Brawl too much, I only play Melee with friends because that's my favorite Smash, and the game we had most fun with.

I don't really play "competitively" in a tourney-oriented way... I play "competitively for fun", something half between playing for fun and playing seriously.
I have more than 10 years of experience with Melee, but I don't like using all those tricky ATs like the wavedash and L cancel. Sometimes I use them, but I don't force myself to use them, I think those techniques make the game too much frustrating and less fun.

My favorite mode is (melee) free for all or 1vs1, with items on (low) and starman, heart container and maxim tomato disabled. I and my friends were used to also disable the hammer, but recently we re-enabled it because we learned new strategies that make that item more interesting and less "lucky" factor.

My gamecube controllers' analog sticks are all ruined due to Smash! But they still works well, it's just the rubber that got consumed.

My main enemy is a friend who uses Samus, and we do epic battles each time (unfortunatelly I can't record them, I tried once but it didn't came out very well).

I sometime use also Bowser, Link, Young Link, Cpt Falcon, and Yoshi, but Kirby is the one that I can use the most, even if it's hard to win using him!
I'm a big fan of Falcon's knee though.
My favorite games other than Smash (melee XD) are Kirby's Dreamland 3, Re-Volt and Zelda Majora's Mask.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Another Kirby fan joins the fray! Welcome to the Smash community here at Smashboards :)

Although not all that wonderful in Melee and Brawl, things may be shaping up for Kirby in Smash 4, so that's something to be excited about. I believe I'm safe in assuming that you plan on maining Kirby in Smash 4 as well...I hope

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Yes, I'll be a Kirby, it's a long tradition that comes from Smash 64 to now XD And from what they shown, Kirby looks stronger than usual in the new game!
Smash Bros 4 looks interesting, it has some elements from Brawl but overall looks like a mix with Melee also, and looks at least a bit oriented to the competitive approach. I already have a long list of items to disable lol

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
The golden hammer, the mother badge and the deku nut (because they're small and confusing), the normal soccer ball or the WiiFit one, depending on wich is worse... There are lots of similar item and I think that having all versions of them is unnecessary.

Oh I was almost forgetting: the final smashes! They will be the first thing I will disable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom