• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powershields

lorg

Smash Rookie
It's very clear that the future to the Fox v Falco matchup is powershielding, although to my knowledge there are no guides that explain the timing in depth, if Fox players can learn this tech then this matchup will swing drastically in Fox's favour. If there is a guide that I haven't found could you link it? otherwise one definitely needs to be made

Sleepy Driz

Smash Cadet
I feel like SDI is way more important than powersheilding in this matchup. SDI during Falco's pillar combos makes it super difficult to followup and is one of the biggest reasons the matchup has gradually been shifting more towards even as opposed to Falco being a counter to Fox which I believe was the consensus many years ago.

Traivlin

Smash Rookie
You have to quickly press the triggers completely in to powershield. The first 2 shield frames reflect projectiles, the first 4 frames powershield attacks.
If you're pressing a trigger too slowly, you won't be able to powershield.

Top Bottom