• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Powershielding

un.dead

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Project M code ⬆
3DS FC
0650-2459-4046
A free punish is the reward for perfect shielding a smash attack. Multi-hit smashes like Pikachu/Bowser/ROB d-smash are no exception to that rule. Their hitboxes only exist for a portion of the move.

Edit:
I don't understand, the hitboxes for certain smashes go on off on off. If you powershield the first one what happens to the others. I still think you get punished for them, but just not sure.
Like Foo said, they all get powershielded. There are multiple hitboxes [like the attack is "on off, on off" as you said], and once the last hitbox is done, your shield automatically drops and you have time to punish their cooldown.

Last edited:

SuperCoffeeBros

The Better, Faster, Cheaper Custom Controller
A free punish is the reward for perfect shielding a smash attack. Multi-hit smashes like Pikachu/Bowser/ROB d-smash are no exception to that rule. Their hitboxes only exist for a portion of the move.
I don't understand, the hitboxes for certain smashes go on off on off. If you powershield the first one what happens to the others. I still think you get punished for them, but just not sure.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If you powershield an attack and remain in shieldstun between it and the next hitbox that hits you, you also powershield that hitbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom