• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Power A GameCube style Switch controllers

PointguardX

Smash enthusiast
NNID
Pointguardx
I decided to mess around with this controller since it feels a lot like a GameCube controller, but has the advantage of an extra z button on the left side. I REALLY like this controller, it feels nice on my hand, a tad lighter than the original GameCube controllers, and the wired variant has (apparently, not that I’ve necessarily noticed) the least input lag of any controller option. I’d probably stick with this controller except for that it has one glaring fatal flaw... the L and R (or L2 and R2, the back shoulder buttons) just aren’t responsive enough. You have to really press them all the way down to get an input, which can be really frustrating when you miss a shield or jump (I do short hop aerials with L).

Anyone else tried this controller? I almost wonder if I could just take it apart and get rid of the spring in the shoulders or something. A shame that such a great controller option has such an obvious flaw, or is it just me?

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I got this controller and played with it for a month while I was waiting for my official Nintendo GCC controller/adapter to ship. It’s a really really good controller and is the closest thing you’ll get to a GCC without getting a GCC. I agree with your analysis on the triggers though. It’s definitely a quality build and not a bad controller to use with Ultimate and I can even see preferring it over the GCC controller (I personally don’t). It’s nice to have around though for when people come over and wanna play Smash because everyone wants to use a GCC and the Power A fills that role

Last edited:
Top Bottom