• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Newcomers for Smash 6 TIER LIST!

7NATOR

Smash Master
Here is my Tier List for Potential Newcomers in Smash 6.

READ NOTES BELOW THE LIST!
Top Tier (Probably a Lock)
(Min-Min, Spring-Man, Ribbon-Girl), Isaac, Rex & Pyra, Crash

High Tier (High Chances)
Dixie, Ashley, Skull Kid, Doomguy, (Shadow, Tails), Geno, Waluigi, Bandanna Dee

Special Case High Tier
Octoling

Mid Tier (Can Go either way)
Shantae, Sora, New Generation Pokemon, Wonder Red, Scorpion, Bomberman, Krystal, Sans, Phoenix Wright, KOS-MOS, Ryu Haybusa, Travis, Lip, Dante, Rayman, (Lloyd, Yuri, Velvet), Master Chief, Zero, Alucard, Shovel Knight, Sephiorth, (Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya), (Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire, Wesker, Nemesis), Some Dark Souls Character, Midna, (Marx, Magolar, Adeline and Ribbon), Knuckles, Spyro, Takumaru, Professor Layton, Eggman

Special Case Mid Tier
Akuma

Low Tier (Has low chances of making it in)
(Toad, Paper Mario, King Boo, Kamek), Tingle, Ganon, Sylux, Decidueye, Mimickyu, Gardevoir, Porky, Ninten, Masked Man, Black Knight, Lyn, Byleth, Edelgard, Hector, Tiki, Viridi, Hades, Medusa, Elma, Raiden, M.Bison, Chorus Kid, Karate Joe, Tibby, Chibi Robo, Saki, Dillion, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachhibua, Sable Prince, Akira Howard, Arle, Kazuma Kiryu, Klonoa, Monster Hunter, Amaeratsu, Viewtiful Joe, Steve, Hollow Knight, Hat Kid, Neku, 2B, Kratos, Terry, Kyo, Iori, Geese, Nakoruru, Mai, Athena, Mii Mage, Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Chun-Li, Terra, Andy, Sami, Lara Croft

Bottom Tier (1% Chance or Lower)
Samurai Goroh, Metal Sonic, Silver, Blaze, Ray Mk3, Goku, Chrono, L-Block, Nintendo Labo, Sandbag

NOTES!

-This list was made with intention that Smash 6 is either traditional Smash game or Ultimate 2, NOT REBOOT. I’ll make one for that later

-This List also Covers DLC, For Ultimate AND Next Smash

-NO Echo Fighters on this list. This list is concerning unique characters

-Going into above Point, Akuma and Octoling are Special Cases in that i’m not sure if they will go echo route or Unique route, So they Special Case. Akuma is Mid tier, Octoling is High Tier

-Low Tier and Bottom Tier Are NOT Ordered. Mid Tier, High Tier, and Top Tier are ordered, but Mid Tier i feel might need Re-adjusting especially

-If Characters are in Parenthesis, that means a rep from that Franchise in general, though there might be characters from The Same Franchise that are higher on List because I think they are more likely than their peers

-This List is Subject to Change and may even see Additions to list. Don’t Fear to ask Question, i will explain my reasonings for everything

-Above all else, have fun Looking

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Steve, I believe, would be somewhere in Mid Tier at the very least.

Any Pokémon is definitely Top Tier, probably the only one anybody can be almost sure of, and definitely isn’t less likely than Shantae.

I’d say Sans would be one of the more-likely indie characters with Shantae and Shovel Knight, if not Frisk or Papyrus.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Steve, I believe, would be somewhere in Mid Tier at the very least.

Any Pokémon is definitely Top Tier, probably the only one anybody can be almost sure of, and definitely isn’t less likely than Shantae.

I’d say Sans would be one of the more-likely indie characters with Shantae and Shovel Knight, if not Frisk or Papyrus.
The Reason i Put Steve in Low tier is cause honestly, i see him as Mii Costume Territory. I gues because as people have said, Minecraft is more of a world building game, so while i see good chances for like a Stage from Minecraft, or Stage builder elements from Minecraft, or even Assist Trophies or Mii Cosutumes, Steve himself as Playable i'm not really seeing

For Pokemon, I'm not sure honestly. On the one hand Pokemon already has 10 Characters, and Plus the New Generation isn't looking too hot because Sun and Moon is Really Controversial. Plus Usually Pokemon from older generations haven't really been in unless they are gen 1, so if they aren't the Hotness right now, they get shafted.

To be fair though, Pokemon is biggest media on planet, and there many pokemon to choose, so i don't know. Reason Shantae is higher is cause i think Indie rep is definitly a Likely Possibility, and it seems Shantae seems to be more popular one, within Smash community at least

With Sans, yeah i know about sans, that's why he's even over Shovel Knight. I don't know if he would be chosen as playable over Shantae, or Shovel Knight would be chosen, or all 3, or two of them. i don't know, I do know the tier list needs a better look though

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Reason i Put Steve in Low tier is cause honestly, i see him as Mii Costume Territory. I gues because as people have said, Minecraft is more of a world building game, so while i see good chances for like a Stage from Minecraft, or Stage builder elements from Minecraft, or even Assist Trophies or Mii Cosutumes, Steve himself as Playable i'm not really seeing

For Pokemon, I'm not sure honestly. On the one hand Pokemon already has 10 Characters, and Plus the New Generation isn't looking too hot because Sun and Moon is Really Controversial. Plus Usually Pokemon from older generations haven't really been in unless they are gen 1, so if they aren't the Hotness right now, they get shafted.

To be fair though, Pokemon is biggest media on planet, and there many pokemon to choose, so i don't know. Reason Shantae is higher is cause i think Indie rep is definitly a Likely Possibility, and it seems Shantae seems to be more popular one, within Smash community at least

With Sans, yeah i know about sans, that's why he's even over Shovel Knight. I don't know if he would be chosen as playable over Shantae, or Shovel Knight would be chosen, or all 3, or two of them. i don't know, I do know the tier list needs a better look though
One iconic part of Minecraft along with the world and building is the resources you gather, what you do with with them, and whatever else you do in the world, being something Steve can represent. We also have Villager so I feel these reasonings for him just being a mii costume are just ways to undermine his chances of being playable, especially with his huge popularity some people here like to ignore (I mean most Steve in Smash videos get over 1000 likes with one reaching over 80000, and each leave the dislikes in the dust; there’s also Steve demand on Twitter, a Steve in Smash post on the Minecraft subreddit got a good amount of upvotes, and there was Steve demand on Miiverse during the Smash 4 days as well). Steve can use many things from Minecraft in a moveset, including block-placing if they limit the amount, and just a mii costume won’t cut it.

Even without the iconic parts, you can still do many different things including combat, more than enough to suit a Smash Bros. fighter, so I really feel a lot of the reasons some people use against Steve are a bunch of hogwash.

Sakurai seems to save a spot for a new Pokémon each time, which he basically did this time around according to what he said, so I think it’s very likely we’ll get a new one next time.

I don’t really know about the indies, either. Undertale got its own spot in a main Direct (as did Deltarune) but idk.

Last edited:
Top Bottom