• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Marth 0-Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Wow that looks really difficult to do. I don't think it is a true 0-Death though...They might be able to DI the jab to escape by DIng up and away from Marth. I am also pretty sure that they can tech after being hit by the bair. Either way it is still really good.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's not 0TKO because the opponent is able to tech or do something after the Bair before the Fsmash.
But the Uair>Footstool>Lock setup seemed kinda legit on certain characters.
:196:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
-The Jab didn't combo into footstool.
-The Bair knockback characteristics depends on a DI and a character's gravity and weight.

I'm a frank guy so I'll say: this won't take Marth anywhere.

However, after the Bair a neutral tech (and even the backward tech if at the ledge) can still Fsmashed. The forward tech can still be punished.

However, depending on the character, they may not be forced to land after the Bair! They could get out of hitstun while airborne which means they can jump out or input an aerial/special before they land.

Bair might not be optimal here. Care to share what percentages Lucina was at? Depending on that, this could be a landing Uair to tipper Fsmash or backwards falling Uair to tipper Usmash situation instead of the Bair. Or just do landing Uair to tipper Uair/Bair.

All in all, props to you! This is very creative.

Last edited:

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
Vipermoon Vipermoon Thanks for letting me know. If the jab to footstool isn't confirmed, you can take that out and just footstool after the u-air. I wasn't too sure on the b-air to f-smash setup. I knew it could be teched, but I wasn't sure if you could jump out before you had to tech. Lucina's was at 42% when I did B-air to F-smash. If you take out the jab to make the footstool part true, she ends up at 38-39% (which I don't know why is not consistant ¯\_(ツ)_/¯). Maybe we can experiment around some and find a guaranteed kill after the lock? Thank you all for your input, it is very appreciated :D

Guys, you can FOR SURE escape this combo if the SH DB 1 isn't tippered. So you HAVE to tipper it for it to link into u-air. Although, it is quite easy to tip

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
You are getting varying percentages because of Dancing Blade's 3 or 4%

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
I have an idea on how this could be true and still kill. I will test my idea when I get home. Thanks again for the support

DariusM27

Smash Ace
Whether it's true or not, once you land the nair and begin the follow ups, you will be in a very advantageous position no matter what. Good stuff.

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
Whether it's true or not, once you land the nair and begin the follow ups, you will be in a very advantageous position no matter what. Good stuff.

So, if you do n-air to f-smash, AND you're close to the edge of the stage, this is a true 0-death. Maybe some day we'll find one that can work at least from mid-stage. However, I am proud of myself, because, I believe, this is the first ever TRUE 0-Death found with Marth (even if extrememly limited :/). Thank you all again for your input and support. I know this doesn't effect Marth's teir or isn't revolutionary in any way, but Hey, now we can say Marth has a true 0-Death right? XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Marth has a lot more "0 to deaths" using the Smashville platform.

I don't think Nair to Fsmash is a death combo on FD, and this combo is so obvious that it doesn't even need discovering. Anyway, the reason why I say this is because the computer opponent in training dies off the side very easily (they don't input anything to resist the knockback).

Last edited:

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
Marth has a lot more "0 to deaths" using the Smashville platform.

I don't think Nair to Fsmash is a 0 to death, and this is combo is so obvious that it doesn't even need discovering. Anyway, the reason why I say this is because the computer opponent in training dies off the side very easily (they don't input anything to resist the knockback).
Yeah, I suppose :/. I am well aware that computers characters have no DI. I just thought this combo was worth showing off and/or a good way to get damage, idk. The way you put it really makes me realize how useless this combo really is in the grand spectrum of things. Oh well, there will come a day when something I find is ACTUALLY useful. This is way too situational/ineffective. Oh well :p

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah, I suppose :/. I am well aware that computers characters have no DI. I just thought this combo was worth showing off and/or a good way to get damage, idk. The way you put it really makes me realize how useless this combo really is in the grand spectrum of things. Oh well, there will come a day when something I find is ACTUALLY useful. This is way too situational/ineffective. Oh well :p
Of course it's useful. It doesn't have to kill to be useful. Besides, Nair to Fsmash on the Smashville platform will kill. While Nair to Fsmash is known, it's good to see you labbing your character.

Last edited:

TheYellowBlaze

Smash Cadet
I wasn't claiming to have found out n-air to f-smash. I was saying, that if close enough to the edge you could do n-air to f-smash to, potentially, insure a kill.

Last edited:

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom