• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Post your bread and butter lucario combos

Koga_

Smash Cadet
Mine:
Down throw to tatsu
Up throw to bair/air force palm spike (stylin)
Up throw--up tilt--f tilt--force palm.....and then just improvise

Leave your go to combos so we can show scrubs the might that is lucaryu.

#GhostNation

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Most jabs/tilts>USmash>JC>Force Palm(ends combo)/ FAir/UAir>ExtremeSpeed>NAir>ExtremeSpeed>Nair>ExtremeSpeed(back to the stage)

Last edited:

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
If the opponent is crouch canceling, I cancel from the jab directly to the smash and skip the tilt.

so *** Upsmash jump cancel, forward air, jump again, (if you are pro enough, i can't do this yet,) reverse aura sphere cancel to turn lucario around, backair.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
If the opponent is crouch canceling, I cancel from the jab directly to the smash and skip the tilt.

so *** Upsmash jump cancel, forward air, jump again, (if you are pro enough, i can't do this yet,) reverse aura sphere cancel to turn lucario around, backair.
This impossible, jump cancelling a USmash uses your midair jump, so you wouldn't be able to jump again after the FAir.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
This impossible, jump cancelling a USmash uses your midair jump, so you wouldn't be able to jump again after the FAir.
Hmm. I have no idea what I did in that combo then. I think I didn't jump cancel then and just did a reg jump into a double jump; although thats not as efficient.

Katara

Smash Rookie
Run at enemy, jump overthem. While you are above them dair into forcepalm.

Great for screwing with their shield because there is no way out of the forcepalm if the dair hits the shield at all And if they don't shield the dair you get free damage into a forcepalm. A great mixup to the usual dash attack jab smash nonsense.

Note: if you are running right towards you opponent you will be executing a left forcepalm. Other way around id approaching from the other direction.

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
You could try the second jump combo with a waveland before the fair on a platformy stage.
Otherwise, I normally use:
Double Jab, D-tilt, Up-Smash, fair (downb out if you see you cant get the next hit).
Super extreme speed (the one that burns the charge) is great to extend air combos but a bit situational
Aerial Force Palm (if it doesn't kill or the enemy lands on a platform) gets rid of your positional advantage because you have to land still so I like fair more. Same reasoning for prefering fair over nair, except nair hits them offstage.

Fish&Herbs19

Smash Journeyman
Run at enemy, jump overthem. While you are above them dair into forcepalm.

Great for screwing with their shield because there is no way out of the forcepalm if the dair hits the shield at all .
Dair> Aerial Force Palm on shield isn't guaranteed. According to the 2.5 frame data, the opponent has 6 frames to do something while the side B command starts up. They can roll or spotdodge out of the pressure, although it is pretty hard to react to, but your opponent can buffer a roll or spotdodge to get out of it.

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
When the opponent is shielding, I like to go for a dash attack/jab ->force palm.

KhanYe

Smash Journeyman
When the opponent is shielding, I like to go for a dash attack/jab ->force palm.
if you're playing a yoshi or a link or any character with a decent OOS option, it's very easy for them to OOS nair if you go straight for that combo. i don't know the exact frame difference in how long they have to throw an input in, but i think throwing a tilt in there will make it harder for them to interrupt.

paxinchristo

Smash Ace
Force palm --> Force palm --> Usmash --> Uair/Fair

I've found that this typically only works at pretty low percentages (15% or lower) and is sometimes risky against floatier characters as they can DI away from the second Force palm and punish you for it.

If the opponent is a heavy character or fast-faller, however, it can be pretty effective for getting on some early percentage. You might even be able to squeeze in one or two extra Force palms, but that requires a bit more timing and can be riskier.

Top Bottom