• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possiibly something new about the down-throw

AllLifeIsButADream

Smash Rookie
I have no idea whether or not this is new, and I don't even main ice-climbers i was just messing around so don't bash me if this is already known.

The regular down throw does 6%.
If you use the down throw, and tilt the control stick a little to the way you're throwing them, and tap the Z button as the opponent is about to hit the ground, and the down-throw will do 10% and have somewhat more of a stun than the regular downthrow. Why would you use this instead of the chain grab? You wouldn't. But anyways that is what i found out.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Is this with both climbers alive? because it could just be the other climber hitting them.
I checked the damage %'s and if you d-throw and dash attack(or a correctly timed d-tilt) it does 10% and hits them farther.

[edit] : millar beat me to it

Miller

Smash Lord
Is this with both climbers alive? because it could just be the other climber hitting them.
I checked the damage %'s and if you d-throw and dash attack(or a correctly timed d-tilt) it does 10% and hits them farther.

[edit] : millar beat me to it
Haha only by one minute too :p

Top Bottom