• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly stupid question, but it never hurts to ask.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Does Mario's fludd count towards move decay restoration in anyway? I am assuming no, because its a move that doesn't damage, but I just want to be completely sure.

Thanks in advance.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
To be honest. I've not the slightest idea. Never even thought about it before. GW's Uair (Supposedly) has a decay, move restoration for his other moves when it connects on a opponet.

For Mario's fludd. Good question. That I do not know the answer to. :p

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
To be honest. I've not the slightest idea. Never even thought about it before. GW's Uair (Supposedly) has a decay, move restoration for his other moves when it connects on a opponet.

For Mario's fludd. Good question. That I do not know the answer to. :p
Thats because the Uair does damage at close range. It doesn't count for decay if you just push him up. Same thing applies for the FLUDD.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Thats because the Uair does damage at close range. It doesn't count for decay if you just push him up. Same thing applies for the FLUDD.
No, G&W's U-air DOES count for diminishing returns even if you only hit with the wind hitbox. And yes, it is that broken. It's not even particularly hard for G&W to get in 10 U-air stalls on most characters before he chooses to go for another kill move. And U-air stalling opens up his opponent to be punished by more juggling. This is definitely a reason why he's top tier.

I highly suspect the FLUDD counts towards diminishing returns, but only once, so it's not all that good for getting around diminishing returns anyway. Fireballs, Jabs, and Grab attacks are better for that.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Augh. I was hoping so, because if that was the case, improving spacing with Fludd while racking up damage with other moves like cape and fireball will help me kill faster since his Fsmash would get fresh sooner. >:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Diminishing returns aka stale moves is when move knockback and damage degrades each time you use any attack.

TO get around diminishing returns, you use other attacks until your kill move is refreshed. I believe the magic number of times you need to attack someone is 10 in order to unstale other attacks. Basically, what you need to do is find a spammable attack, or a multihit combo that requires you to press a button multiple times (Mario's jab combo, Marth's Dancing Blade, or a grab attack), connect 10 times, THEN go for a kill.

G&W's U-air is broken because it's an amazing positional trap that is difficult to escape and punish, AND it unstales his other attacks.

Characters like Lucario, Samus, Ness, and Wolf also have a fairly easy time getting around diminishing returns thanks to having quick grab attacks, meaning they can usually unstale other attacks by getting two grabs.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
Isn't Stale Moves Negation supposedly more punishing in Brawl? Does anyone have the exact statistics on it?

ALiAsVee

Smash Ace
Diminishing returns aka stale moves is when move knockback and damage degrades each time you use any attack.

TO get around diminishing returns, you use other attacks until your kill move is refreshed. I believe the magic number of times you need to attack someone is 10 in order to unstale other attacks. Basically, what you need to do is find a spammable attack, or a multihit combo that requires you to press a button multiple times (Mario's jab combo, Marth's Dancing Blade, or a grab attack), connect 10 times, THEN go for a kill.

G&W's U-air is broken because it's an amazing positional trap that is difficult to escape and punish, AND it unstales his other attacks.

Characters like Lucario, Samus, Ness, and Wolf also have a fairly easy time getting around diminishing returns thanks to having quick grab attacks, meaning they can usually unstale other attacks by getting two grabs.
Wow. Thanks for the clear up then. I honestly assumed moves had to deal damage to unstale attacks. >_> Game and Watch has it better than I thought lol.

Top Bottom