• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possibly New IC Ledge Option

GastricFluid

Smash Rookie
Not sure how many people know about this, but if you use the upwards lift from an iceblock from a ledge drop you can make it back onto the stage while sending the block/blocks down the stage.

To do this you need to press back on the control stick to start the ledge drop. Put the stick back into neutral and input an ice block as fast as possible. After the ice block animation starts, hold forward and the ice climbers will barley make it onto the stage with the ice block travelling along the ground.

As a note you can also b-reverse the ice block, as it only gives notable vertical movement, sending some ice blocks into the bottom blast zone. This could possibly be used as a edge-guard mix up.

Overall this technique seems situational. I finally managed to get this gif ready of the technique. If it doesn't already exist I think an appropriate name for the tech would be LedgeBlock.

Last edited:

Phresh123

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I would like to see a GIF if you can make one. Sounds dope though.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Really cool stuff, I'll play around with it.

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
I think the reverse block will be useful for sure, possibly against characters that like to come from the bottom. As of right now the glitch pushes you off onto the ledge again, but once that's gone, I feel like it will be way more useful. Cool find!

GastricFluid

Smash Rookie
The Glitch doesn't actually push you off the ledge after the reverse block, I just turned around in the gif after landing. you can stay on the ledge facing forward which can lead into an f-smash edgegaurd, ect.
I think the reverse block will be useful for sure, possibly against characters that like to come from the bottom. As of right now the glitch pushes you off onto the ledge again, but once that's gone, I feel like it will be way more useful. Cool find!

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to get the Ice Block out while still retaining ledge invincibility?

GastricFluid

Smash Rookie
Is it possible to get the Ice Block out while still retaining ledge invincibility?
I haven't tested it, but I see no way that you couldn't retain some invincibility frames, as you get back onto the stage very quickly out of a ledgedrop.

Last edited:
Top Bottom