• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible to install on dolphin?

TheLeapist

Smash Rookie
I'd love to be able to play project m in HD :)
Anyone know how to install Project M on dolphin?

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. I did it a few months ago, back in the 2.1 days.

One problem with it is that memory cards do not work (you still have all the characters unlocked). The only annoyance this causes is that your random stage selections do not save (all stages enabled on boot up), and, even though you have all the characters, you still end up facing characters to "unlock" them after a certain number of vs. wins (Ness after 5 games, for example).

Anyways, I followed this tutorial:

Badge

Smash Apprentice
For the save bug: Copy the content of [Dolphin]/User/Wii/title/00010000/52534245/data/ (that's the vBrawl save data) to just [Dolphin]/User/Wii (the folder where you're virtual SD card is located). That should fix it.

And if you're annoyed by the error message that always appears, you can uncheck "Use Panic Handlers" under Config->Interface, which on the other hand also disables legitimate error messages.

I used this tutorial to set up my Project:M on Dolphin, in case you prefer text tutorials.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Seeing as Dolphin 3.5 and further revisions have really sped up emulation, I might look into setting this up also. Would love to have P:M on my laptop.

Eltrion

Smash Cadet
Yeah I have a pretty good arch rig that i use for recording. (Have a GC controller box and everything) Sound emulation is not great though. and the occasional emulation lag can get annoying.

Overall however it is a good, (if inferior to a real wii) way to play the game

Top Bottom