• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible (SV Only) Guaranteed Kill Confirm?

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
So, all of us know that jab to blazer is a thing that you can kill with. However, it doesn't combo for long until your oponen can DI out of it. Because however, has anyone ever considered using jab to blazer on the SV platform while it's moving in the same direction as you're jabbing? Because the SV platform is moving you towards the opponent you'd think it connects long. Because SV is such a common stage, I think this is worth testing. I'll leave the OP open for any results people find.

ItsFX

Smash Rookie
Pretty sure they could still just airdodge at kill %. Ftilt would be much more secure while also being less punishable.

Jiom

Smash Journeyman
Pretty siuational but it can still work, it's just you don't want to be on a platform against certain characters.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
Jab > fair is a thing, especially near the edge. I've had a certain magikarp use that one on me a few times lol. >.o

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Jab fair is very good, also kills very early at the sides :p
At low %'s you can spam jabs depending on their DI/weight/position if the platform is moving the way you're facing.
never tried jab blazer on the moving platform, it could work but it'd still need to be near the side of the stage to confirm cause them not having enough space to DI sideways :p where usually jab fair does the trick anyways in that position :D

Jab on the smashville platform can lead into:

-fsmash (fastfallers can often DI down during the jab(s) and shield this)
-usmash (true, kills earlier because you're closer to the to blastzone than usual)
-ftilt/utilt (barely tested)
-regrab (for continued damage)
-blazer (too committal for me, but others may be able to make better use of it)

Last edited:

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440

-usmash (true, kills earlier because you're closer to the to blastzone than usual)
fair, which can kill if you're close to the edge of the stage

EDIT: Just realized I had posted the same exact thing like 2 posts up. rip me lol.

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
What's funny is that I just now found out about this by myself lol. Also Fthrow into Fsmash is guaranteed at 60% for the kill. You don't even have to chain jabs together.

Also it would be nice if we could move all this into the metagame thread. @Croph

Last edited:

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196

Jab -> up smash? That's pretty impressive.

Top Bottom