• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

possible rosaluma glitch

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
While I was playing Rosaluma against a lvl 9 pacman on omega gerudo valley, i found what i believe to be a glitch.

I shot luma out to hit pacman (and missed as i do 70% of the time), and i called for luma to come back. RIGHT when I called, pacman dropped a fire hyrdrant basically on luma. no damage or knockback as it just outside of the hitbox, but it messed up luma's return. Luma was stuck there, flashing a bit, and could not come back until the hydrant went away.

I was able to replicate this once more. No video from me yet because I cannot get it to replicate again.

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Sounds like a phantom hit, actually. I suppose it makes sense Luma would be subject to them (if they still exist) but it's super odd that it was stuck in place.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Sounds like a phantom hit, actually. I suppose it makes sense Luma would be subject to them (if they still exist) but it's super odd that it was stuck in place.
If this is the case, I have re-discovered Phantom hits. Or at least one of the first to report it.

Luma wouldn't return even if you went over to his side of the hydrant?
I couldn't get completely over there, but I managed to get about half of rosy over the hydrant before pac hit me away, but it did not change Luma at all.

Did mods delete posts?

Edit: nevermind, my mobile was freaking out.

Man, mods are stingy with posts. Combine this if you want

Last edited by a moderator:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Upon further reading, I think I may have misinterpreted your post. Was Luma physically stuck inside the hydrant, or was it simply caught on the side of it trying to get to Rosalina? Because I don't think Luma can move through the hydrant. I've encountered similar issues recalling it when I almost let it fall offstage, sometimes it'll get caught on stage geometry.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Upon further reading, I think I may have misinterpreted your post. Was Luma physically stuck inside the hydrant, or was it simply caught on the side of it trying to get to Rosalina? Because I don't think Luma can move through the hydrant. I've encountered similar issues recalling it when I almost let it fall offstage, sometimes it'll get caught on stage geometry.

Mixture of both. Part of Luma looked to be inside of the hydrant, and was for some reason flashing. Still have not been able to reproduce.

Top Bottom