• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible Paralyser tech?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This has happened to me only once in a For Glory match,
so take this with a grain of salt...

But I think just canceled the lag of paralyser by firing
JUST as she landed. It's kinda similar to the bow tech
Links had in previous games.

Solasel

Smash Rookie
I don't have a video either, but I've seen the same thing.

I've been practicing b reverses a lot, and if I do one super low, so that the shot goes out almost as soon as I hit the ground, the sound for the paralyzer goes away and a moment later, the sound for the shot going off comes out, and the shot goes out.

I don't know if there was any lag reduction though, or even if I'm talking about the same thing. It would certainly be cool if there was something like link's bow tech.

Last edited:

David Viran

Smash Lord
Yeah if this turns out to be true this will be huge. This would help put on a lot more shield pressure if we could cancel the end lag on our paralyzer.

mrpocari21

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrpocari21
3DS FC
0619-3677-7277
I don't have any videos as of right now, but this has happened to me a few times. I've noticed that when it does work, the shot is silent. I tried to do it in training but didn't manage to find the timing.

Negoksai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Negoksai
3DS FC
3781-0352-9739
^ a pity, why not? Anyway Im going to play around with it at 1/4 speed I'll let you know if I discover anything, but I wouldn't put too much hope in it even if it's a real tech it probably will not be in Sakurais crown Jewel

Edit; Did some testing and I think I figured out what you are seeing, when releasing the b move in the air Zero Suit stays still almost as if standing. When you release B right before hitting the ground (not at all strict timing) You land standing straight up with very comparable lag to using the move any other way (probably the same but can't say for sure) however you do not go into the gun firing stage you normally would the blast seems to float right out. Now before you right this off as a useless find, im sure canceling the shooting animation will save you Zero Suit mains atleast a few frames however although it might not look like it you still have the same lag.

Edit 2: Turns out it's a little harder to pull off then I thought, keep that in mind when testing for yourselves.

Last edited:

Rs71

Smash Rookie
NNID
RS_710
I don't have any videos as of right now, but this has happened to me a few times. I've noticed that when it does work, the shot is silent. I tried to do it in training but didn't manage to find the timing.
i second with that, i too have been able to silent shot with the taser, i didnt know what it was when i first performed it, but i remember that shooting it on the land made it silent. im play around with it some more to see if it reduces landing lag or any other tech

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
so is it like a silent paralyzer? like falcos silent laser? cuz i do that sometimes and it was present in brawl.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Have you guys ever done a grounded turn around/b reversed laser from let's say dashing away from someone where it causes Samus to Slide backwards while charging/firing. Gotta do dem tests to try and replicate more rarely happens for me but seems like it might have to do with dash dancing as well.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
the grounded b reverse paralyzer doesnt cause you to slide. you just turn around in place and shoot the paralyzer

wadsm

Smash Rookie
NNID
wadsm.u
Have you guys ever done a grounded turn around/b reversed laser from let's say dashing away from someone where it causes Samus to Slide backwards while charging/firing. Gotta do dem tests to try and replicate more rarely happens for me but seems like it might have to do with dash dancing as well.
I've never done something like this before, because I prefer to use the paralyzer in the air over a grounded laser, but it definitely sounds interesting and useful to me.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
the grounded b reverse paralyzer doesnt cause you to slide. you just turn around in place and shoot the paralyzer
I am aware of that one I should have phrased that differently I have sometimes done fox trot to what seems to look like a turn around laser instead of the b reverse(I was attempting b reverse but sometimes I make input errors, but I still feel like it was a b reverse).
before I put my foot in my mouth again ill go further into this I believe it has to do with the initial skid animation out of dashing.
I'm going to get a video when I can.

god I hate replying on my phone...-_-0

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
From what I'm aware, the skid animation can not be interrupted, so it is better to shield while running or do An attack. Someone in skid animation can be punished easily if you recognize it.

CE_TheLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
CE_TheLord
3DS FC
2707-1982-7716
I managed to do this one time... I don't know how exactly but it seems pretty dificult (maybe because we don't know in which frame we have to do it) when I did this (possibly new) tech the lag was indeed canceled, and I was able to move without waiting for the animation to end. Sadly I can't repeat this... I've been trying for about an hour. If someone manages to do this, it will be the hero of ZSS mains.

Last edited:

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Now I don't play Zerosuit Samus, but I've pulled off essentially the same thing with Ike's Eruption dozens of times by mistake while trying to B Reverse it.
I'm about 95% certain that its a grounded version of that aerial tech where you tap the opposite direction, let the stick go into neutral, then press B to reverse the special while keeping your original momentum.
I'm not sure about the timing at all, but that's my theory about it.

I might try testing it myself on my 3DS in a few minutes.

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
This could be a perfect pivot neutral b.
No, its similar, but the perfect pivot Eruption doesn't look like that.
Ike slides about 3-4 character lengths when doing Eruption during a run, the PP version of Eruption goes maybe one character length, and the weird reverse one goes the same as the normal running one, just backwards.

Now, this is just a theory, but I think both the button timing and WHEN IN THE DASH you do it are important.
See, I'm the one that figured out how to perfectly do Ike and Palutena's Sliding Counter and made a thread about it (pre-patch, its gone now). How it worked was by inputting Counter at either the end of your initial dash or at the halfwaypoint , and it could be done at either of these points during a run.
For Ike you could input Counter just before his feet crossed or when his legs became fully extended during a run and he would slide about twice his normal legth.

Anywho; I'm kind've getting a similarly weird vibe with this, but its a fair bit harder due to also trying to time a reverse special during it rather than just a button press.

I'll try a few more minutes of testing (I've made it happen five times in as many minutes, but still haven't figured it out yet), but I need to sleep too.

Edit: Just pulled it off three times in a row, STILL not 100% on the timing, but I think it has to be done faster than a regular reverse. It feels like it has to be reversed on the very first frame possible, I'm still having trouble in 1/2 speed (I'd try 1/4, but that's TOO slow).

Last edited:

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Alright!
So, I've got some really good news: I've figured it out.
I can pull it off 100% of the time now (albeit in 1/4 speed Training) and can pull it off with several characters, INCLUDING ZSS!

I'm going to need some people that can take high quality screen shots or videos so that I can put a tutorial together, because this could be big.

Last edited:

kyoskue

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyoskue
3DS FC
4468-0977-7278
Okay, the reason that the reverse slide thing happens is because of when you activate the B-Reverse during the dash.
There are two repeating points during every character's dashing animation where the animation "stutters". In general these two points are as the legs start to pass by each other and when they're fully extended.

If at any time during your run you B-Reverse within approximately 3 frames of these stutters your character will reverse their Neutral Special while continuing to slide in their initial direction.
Some moves don't seem to work, specifically ones that cease your original momentum like Falcon Punch.
Can even be done with some up and down specials.

I haven't had a chance to check every character's moves, so I don't have a complete list of moves that this works with or anything even approaching that.

If anyone finds that my explanation is lacking then I'll expand on it later.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
great glad to know I wasn't crazy/seeing things, I am also guessing something similar to moonwalk is in this game as well judging from some of the random inputs I get with that knock off gamecube controller "the battle pad"

Top Bottom