• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POSSIBLE(Not Very likely, but Possible) Smashfest/tourney at Yiff's!(Duluth,GA)

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Now, before you get your hopes up, the chance of this happening is a good 5/100.

Thwomp is not amused.

INFO:

Address:

2215 Hopkins Mill Lane
Duluth GA, 30096.

Contact Info:
House:770-242-7155(Ask for Trevor)

Date: July(Either 19th-20th, or 23rd-24th), 10 AM - 10 PM.

Housing, I cannot provide,(unless maybe if you pay me). Rides, I cannot provide(Can't drive yet).

Need setups. I've got 5 TV's, so if you have Wii's and TV's you can bring, You can hook them up. Also, if you want to play Melee, bring a setup, as my GC does not work, and I wanna save all the Wiis for Brawl.

Food will be provided(hopefully), ordering Pizza(Pizza hut YEAH!)

RULES:
-Please, respect my house. Don't leave trash everywhere. Trash cans are there for a reason.
-Don't cause a disruption. I don't want a fight breaking out or anything.
-Smoking is allowed, just do it outside. No drugs or Alcohol, either. I know, it sucks.
-Don't even try to steal anything. We do have video cameras, and we WILL know.
-There is a $3 door fee. I'll make a bunch of stickers to put on your hand, or something like that.
-My house is rather small, so if a lot of people come, it will be crowded.

EVENTS:
Fest(Just random playing Smash)
Tourney(Small, no entry fee, the only prize is bragging rights.)
Low-Tier Tourney(A Tourney for Only those in the Low or Bottom Tiers.)
TR4Q tourney(NONE BUT MK AND FALCON!!!)
SFIV will be there, hopefully, as will SSF2THDR(hopefully), if someone wants to bring them.
GG will be there(If someone brings it)
As well, I'll have a setup SPECIFICALLY for MM's.

Now, for setup lists.

TV'S:
Yiff(5)

Wiis/Brawl:
Yiff(1)
Bigman40(1)

GCs/Melee:
Bigman40(1)

So, cmon, lemme get some setups, eh?

Umby

Smash Master
Try not to *********. It's not a good look to hype up something "possible" only to have plans fall through. It's best to have all your affairs in order to make sure you have a definite event. It's especially important to the people who are trying to make plans on your planned date. If you're not firm in your resolve you may end up with people not coming due to other plans.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying, it's not something I can be like, "Hey, it's happening!" I have to make sure of several things.

-Parents out of house.
-Aunt gives OK(Already has)
-I can make sure of the date they will be out of the house.

I can't give an exact date, but I'll probably have one, if it happens, within a week.

If I find out if won't happen, I'll just delete/unhype the thread.

I'll have a Yes/No within a week.

Purple

Hi guys!
Teh Umby the meanie butt >: (

All jokes aside, Umby is right. Get the **** straight before you post it up.

But either way if work permits i'll go to this.

Lately, we only need about a week of advance tip for a large smashfest to happen, and we tend to bring setups as long as you say so. Everywhere except gaming centers tend to not have more than one wii.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Not sneak in.

See, every year, my grandparents take a vacation, and go to Louisiana. They do this during the summer, and for a week.

They normally take me, My mom, my aunt, and my younger brother and cousin.

Well, summer-school johns, and I can't go. Not too much of a loss, though.

So, while everybody else is gone, my mom will leave me with food money(not for the tourney), and either my aunt or uncle. My aunt has already said OK if she stays, and my uncle is awesome and will no doubt say yes. So, there you have it.

The only issue is the date.

So I'll have a week to be (basically) alone. And what better to do than hold a fest/tourney?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
O_O...

Gawd..why didn't I think of that?!

Only if my uncle permits(He totally would).
My aunt..not so much, XD.
[/Kidding]

Purple

Hi guys!
I just realized there's a 3 dollar fee. I'm still fine with this. But out of curiosity, what is the three dollars going towards? I would assume the pizza hut (if this is the case i'm all for it, if not.. i'm probably still for it, it's pretty cheap).

I wholeheartedly agree with umby's statement. Make it happen Yiff. i'm sure those summer school girls aren't too bright.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I just realized there's a 3 dollar fee. I'm still fine with this. But out of curiosity, what is the three dollars going towards? I would assume the pizza hut (if this is the case i'm all for it, if not.. i'm probably still for it, it's pretty cheap).

I wholeheartedly agree with umby's statement. Make it happen Yiff. i'm sure those summer school girls aren't too bright.
XD yeah. I dun wanna pay for Pizza Hut by myself.

So I'm making you all do it. (Bwahaha...)

Well, If there's not enough money from the fee to cover the food, I'll pay outta m'own pocket.

Top Bottom