• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Possible new move?

Corigames

Smash Hero
That's right, I have another question:

Is there a name for the move where you drop a bomb, down smash someone (Samus street sweeper), let the bomb hit them, then forward smash.

And if you ask for a video, how do I do that? I have a youtube account, but no digital camera.

Thanks again.

RodneyAnonymous

Smash Cadet
Seems like a technique like that couldn't be pulled off consistently enough to be useful, and TBH I don't see much of a point to doing it. Seems overly convoluted to me, more of something you do to look fancy against somebody you know you own, than a good tactic in a tough match.

marthsword

Smash Ace
This doesn't seem that useful to me, and it's not used by the masses. Maybe can be pulled out in a tough match. There is no name for this.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No no no, lets try a diagram maybe?
o = bomb x= enemy s=samus

s--------x

enemy runs at you at whatever %
s------x

drop a bomb
s
o----x

land infront or on top of it
os--x

do a down smash (which throws the enemy to the opposit side of where it hit you
x(should hit the bomb, not be ontop of it)
os

then, while they are stunned from the bomb, forward smash them; this should send them flying.
s----------------x :(

Corigames

Smash Hero
So it's already been named? Awwwwwwww. I wanted to name it. Like Bomb Stall, or something like that. If I wanted to personalize it, I could say the X bomb! Darn then, just darn.

marthsword

Smash Ace
So it's already been named? Awwwwwwww. I wanted to name it. Like Bomb Stall, or something like that. If I wanted to personalize it, I could say the X bomb! Darn then, just darn.
Bomb stalling could be a name for bomb jumping. Bomb stalling is essentially what it is. X bomb sounds kind of cool.

yorpy

Smash Journeyman
well, i know that its a good combo because i've used something close to it, and im about to sit down in front of my wii and try it out! and there is no point to naming that combo.

marthsword

Smash Ace
You came up with a good name, but it's no that useful of a combo, and not done by someone well known. Who knows though, maybe it will be the new ken combo one day :laugh:

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wow, I'm pretty sure anyone who has played as Samus has done this by accident at least once. It doesn't have to be the down smash I guess. How about any move that hits a player into a bomb is called the X Bomb?

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
Ok um...What was the point of that last sentence? You said that you had a youtube account then that you didn't have a movie??

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
The use of a bomb to keep the opponent close or to do more damage is commonly reffered to as amplification. Its seen in the OMFG Bombs Samus instruction video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKvjHUBcDYg

Chaining an amlification is very useful in certain situations.
Its not commonly referred, since I'm the one who made that up and few people know or care who I am. I made that OMFG Bombs vid so long ago that I didnt know it was still referenced to.

Eitherway going by what I said what he means would be a dsmash bomb stall and not an amplification. The amplification just causes the bomb explosion to cause more damage and doesnt interrupt the knockback of the attack.

Eitherway its not going to help you unless you're insanely lucky, and even then you usually dont expect it to happen and will probably miss the chance to fsmash.

--The vid is more of wierd stuff you can do rather than stuff that can actually turn the game in your favor, but if it works for you awesome.--

Corigames

Smash Hero
So because a move is not frequently seen, semi-lucky to pull off, and/or not done by a famous person it is remaining untitled? Well, I'm calling any move that hits a person into your bomb and then hitting them again before they can move an X Bomb. If you don't want to use the X Bomb, don't. But whenever it happens, and it does happen, you will always think about me and the X Bomb.

Top Bottom